When will Mourinho be sacked?

He won’t resign, simple. He’ll take it all the way until he gets sacked and trot off with over £10m in his back pocket.

I do feel that the board will not do anything hastily, we are not Real Madrid. They took 6 months too long to sack LVG!

I think the LVG thing was different though because it wasn't as if he lost the dressing room. Mourinho manages on the very edge of things and when the wheels comes off it's messy. He's reached a point where there has to be something radical happen in that dressing room or it will start to seriously implode. If that happens then it will just become intolerable very quickly and the board will look like complete idiots if they don't sack.

I don't think even this incompetent board will allow United to become a laughing stock.

I think the LVG thing was different though because it wasn't as if he lost the dressing room. Mourinho manages on the very edge of things and when the wheels comes off it's messy. He's reached a point where there has to be something radical happen in that dressing room or it will start to seriously implode. If that happens then it will just become intolerable very quickly and the board will look like complete idiots if they don't sack.

I don't think even this incompetent board will allow United to become a laughing stock.

Think by the end the dressing room was a mess under LVG Rooney had called out Schweinsteiger over not risking injury ahead of euro 2016, Valdes had been frozen out to the point where he wasn’t even allowed in the first team dressing room. Darmian, Schniederlin & Depay looked totally broken after just a few months with him. Januzaj & Periera were dicking around in reserve games.

Maybe we had the good bit year 1 things felt good and were positive but the last 12 months have been an absolute grind when it starts going wrong for him he doesn’t seem to be able to bring it back around very few managers can.

Reality is he's here until Christmas at least. But if come Christmas we've lost 6-7 games, which by the way we will have, they might hopefully pull the plug.

Mind you... I'm not sure I can take another three or so months of this nonsense.

It’s not getting any better. I just couldn’t fathom playing both Fellaini and Matic. We are at home but we set up like we were playing City away to try and stifle them in the midfield. What we needed after the weekend was a show of passion and fight but we got neither.

Also why just the one sub, we were crying out for some fresh legs in the midfield and Fred could have given us that. Bizarre decision making time and time again from Jose. Don’t really know what to say anymore.

Another poor display, another strange set up by Jose. Like @SuperRash says, did we need 2 dm's? And only 1 sub when the game was crying out for a change?

Man's on borrowed time!

That performance was worse than Saturday. Why is Rashford taking corners still after 18875 going out of play. Again today only Shaw takes any credibility. And seriously is Lukaku plays 90 mins on the weekend I’ll probably explode. I assume you all now agree with me he needs droping.

There were 8 people that should have been subbed off today. Bailly Valencia Matic Fellaini Pogba Rashford Sanchez Lukaku. We made one change?

That performance was worse than Saturday. Why is Rashford taking corners still after 18875 going out of play. Again today only Shaw takes any credibility. And seriously is Lukaku plays 90 mins on the weekend I’ll probably explode. I assume you all now agree with me he needs droping.
I’ve thought for a couple of weeks that he’s been very poor. Problem is the players coming in haven’t been up to much either. But I think Rashford and Martial have at least shown glimpses of something in the last week or so. They should both start at the weekend and Lukaku needs to be dropped. However, do we honestly think it’ll happen? I have no faith Jose knows what the right thing is anymore.

They’ve got to pull the trigger, expect nothing out of this season but build for next season, and make that clear to everyone

Will be interesting to hear his after game press conference. I suspect he may well be quite happy with a 0-0 draw.

I would read his statement as saying the defence is low quality, the players lack desire and Woodward should have bought players. Do I agree, yes, should he have said it, no definitely not, not when the club is a mess

"We had probably a couple of the biggest chances to win it but I have accepted the result as a fair result. I said in pre-season last season was phenomenal to finish second. And I don't say more than that.
"The players tried. They raised the level of their efforts. They raised the level of their intensity in spite of the fact we don't have many with that intensity. We don't have the technical quality to build from the back.
"We tried to do something we did well which was to stop a fast team on the counter attack. We knew we wouldn't create 20 chances. Our attacking players aren't in their best moments of confidence and individual level. We thought with three or four chances we would score and win the game.
"It is a not a bad result. Not a good result, but not bad. We have two matches against Juventus to make points. It is a very difficult group, yes.
"We have Newcastle before the league stops then we have Chelsea and Juventus in three days. It will be good for the team if we can beat Newcastle."

“ I would read his statement as saying the defence is low quality, the players lack desire and Woodward should have bought players. Do I agree, yes, should he have said it, no definitely not, not when the club is a mess” MR C

A manager cannot use players lack of desire as an excuse because it’s his job to instill desire and motivate his team.

Itsallinthemind you’ve not commented on the game or the performance. No individuals in fact I’m not entirely sure you ever have. Your only issue appears to be Mourinho. Do you think Mourinho was to blame today for such wayward passing. Such poor first touch. It’s got to the point with you that I’m unsure if you support United or just hate Mourinho. We all know we are playing shit. We all know the first team aren’t performing. We all know it’s the managers job to sort it but we all always discuss other things too except you who only ever does one thing and that’s bitch. Stop the broken record for once and join in other conversations.

He's talking up his achievements finishing second by 20 points wasn't phenomenal it was lucky because a lot of very close games went our way but it was hardly convincing that's why despite being second questions were being asked as so many points were dropped against the mid table teams. Don't care what anyone says if Liverpool hadn't had CL football they'd have ended up above us the only thing that really kept us there was that good start where we got quite a bit ahead of the rest.

He once again fired shots about the lack of defensive signings saying he doesn't have players with the technicaly quality to play out from defence. Some truth to this but when you put 2 very average passers in midfield can you really try to claim you are tryin to play possession football?

I think he wants to go now to me that statement is him looking to get out if he did he can say well in 2 seasons I won 2 trophies, finished 2nd best league finish and FA cup runner up he doesn't want this season as a stain on his record. I think he knows it's broken but he's run out of ideas on how to fix it probably because he can't quite see what the problem is? That's not me saying the problem is him but a fresh set of eyes and a new face might lift the cloud the hangs over the club currently and maybe get us to top 4 as right now we are facing 6th maybe 7th.

As for the result last night makes qualification tricky 2 points dropped at home means we probably need something from the 2 games vs Juventus.

sounds like to me he wants out, which in some ways is worrying, could mean big trouble behind the scenes that he feels can't be fixed.

Now I'm sure a certain poster will just lay all the blame at Jose, but I happen to think things go beyond that. We need that DoF before we get a new manager.

Now I'm sure a certain poster will just lay all the blame at Jose, but I happen to think things go beyond that. We need that DoF before we get a new manager.

And which poster would that be mate? Me?

We need a new manager and we need a DoF. Woodward needs to step in to a role away from football at the club but within the marketing side. Changes are needed throughout.

no, not you :)
I think we all know he needs to go though, I happen to think it goes a bit deeper

keep checking news, hoping it will break

He won't get sacked until a DoF or Head of Recruitment is in place to consult on his replacement. The current situation will get worse and will go on for a while so buckle up everyone.

no, not you :)
I think we all know he needs to go though, I happen to think it goes a bit deeper

keep checking news, hoping it will break

He isn't going to get sacked any time soon bud. I think Christmas will be the earliest. This club has shown it doesn't make knee jerk reactions. Even though I wouldn't consider it a knee jerk reaction at this point.

What I will say is this... Changes need to be made at all levels. And I've said before during Moyes and LVGs time as manager that something within the club feels fundamentally wrong. What they need is a manager who can at least bring the players together to fight together. That might not yield success but it'll get the fans back on side. Whilst the current structure remains no manager can succeed.

He won't get sacked until a DoF or Head of Recruitment is in place to consult on his replacement. The current situation will get worse and will go on for a while so buckle up everyone.

Surely a temporary coach is possible? Are we saying that there isn’t anyone n the club with sufficient football knowledge to pick a team ? I’ll do it if they pay me expenses and buy me a car. I might be crap at it but there’s one thing my team wouldn’t do and that’s sit back and wait for the opposition to impose themselves on the game.

Surely a temporary coach is possible? Are we saying that there isn’t anyone n the club with sufficient football knowledge to pick a team ? I’ll do it if they pay me expenses and buy me a car. I might be crap at it but there’s one thing my team wouldn’t do and that’s sit back and wait for the opposition to impose themselves on the game.

And add to that... I would, and I'm sure you would, start to give some of the youngsters a chance at times.

He won't get sacked until we can't qualify for the CL anymore I think the club are prepared to write off a season rather than pay him off the leave as they don't have a club what to do from here.

LVG was a dead man walking for 6 months before he got the bullett everyone knew he was gone but the club wouldn't pull the trigger

You know, I don't think they will hang around that long. It's too toxic.

I don't think you can have him around come Jan transfer window or it will just be a circus.

12m pay off, I don't think they will worry about that. Just get rid of Sanchez, thats about a months wage isn't it :p

There looks to be 3 in the frame from what I can tell

Zidane
Poch
and long shot Giggs.

Zidane doesn't want it by all accounts, Poch will be very difficult to get and Giggs is just too risky.

My real concern is Conte being available. He seems to be just as bad as Jose for conflict with players. I really do think that would be a step backwards.

out of those 4 I guess it would have to Poch for me. But as stated and wholly unpopular, so much so I can't even find odds. I would go Ole.

Keane might be the calming influence they need :D

Haha Roy Keane's head would explode within 20 minutes of being around this lot he can just about handle being around the Ireland squad who will be nowhere near as big time as this band of bellends we've assembled.

It's hard to say the only obvious answers are Zinedine Zidane, Laurent Blanc or Antonio Conte as they are top tier managers who are currently unemployed so as long as they aren't restricted by their severance packages with their clubs they are candidates.

The rumours are that Zidane wants to take a full year off football to just take a break and recharge but also learn English so he'd ready to look at jobs in England if they become available. Conte I think would be to explosive for the current regime but I think could do great things with these players if he can get them onside if he's good a good relationship with Pogba then I think that's half the battle.

Blanc brings baggage said some silly things that will come back around if we went for him.

I just don't back the club to make this sort of decision quickly maybe they've learned the lesson from Moyes/LVG no point dragging these things out just rip off the plaster and see what happens we aren't going to get relegated but if we carry on like this we won't be anything higher than 6th. The club doesn't have a hire and fire culture it's not setup for it and if they're serious about getting in directors of football then they will want that in place before they pick another manager unless they go for an interim to get to the end of the season.

Do they trust Carrick?

I'd never heard of Toral from Valencia before this week's match but he took them to an amazing 4th last year, has them very well drilled, they play from the back and aren't scared to attack. There must be a few of his sort we don't know much about that could come in and do a job? Maybe it's time to ditch the big names?

It's the same with players too. When you watch a call in on mutv and a caller says we need a player in a certain position the so called expert comes back with who is out there good enough. Just because I don't know them doesn't mean they aren'tthere, that is why we have a scouting network.

It's the same with players too. When you watch a call in on mutv and a caller says we need a player in a certain position the so called expert comes back with who is out there good enough. Just because I don't know them doesn't mean they aren'tthere, that is why we have a scouting network.

Based on their recent work I'm starting to wonder if our scouting network is just Woodward googling best left back the scouting at this club has been pathetic for a few years now.

My favourite story is Di Maria signed for Utd £60m one of the best dribblers in world football it's probably his number 1 skill as a footballer day one with LVG he's told to stop dribbling so much. That to me summed up the shambles at this club. Sell Welbeck for £16m and pay £6m for a broken Falcao on loan for a year on triple Welbecks wages. Welbz was no world beater but he was twice the player Falcao was at that point of his career.

With managers it really doesn't feel like anyone is keeping an eye on up and comers because there's only 2 people with the ability to maybe spot that sort of talent in the club Ferguson & Mourinho and Mourinho sure as hell isn't going to tell you who he rates. I don't include Bobby Charlton because he's not been involved in the game for so long and I doubt Fergie has much interest in things outside of Utd these days if we asked him to name a replacement he'd probably tell us to appoint Alec Mcleash.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you missed Nevilles rant, here it is;

To be honest with you, I'm furious, I'm furious going back three or four years ago when David Moyes was sacked when it broke the day before to journalists I think of Louis Van Gaal being sacked on the evening of an final and finding out from other people. I think about how the club has been operated. If this is true - we don't know if it's true yet - but if this is true and Jose Mourinho is going to walk out at Old Trafford tomorrow as almost like a dead man walking, those fans will absolutely turn to that boardroom. It's unacceptable I have to say that Jose Mourinho will get the biggest support he's ever had in his life tomorrow i think in that ground - and I'll be there to give it to him.

I love that football club. It has given me everything, but enough is enough. When you have an opportunity to appoint three or four managers, you have to look at the people appointing the managers and signing the players. The players are running this now. They undermined Jose on the eve of the season explaining why he couldn't sign centre-backs. Who is qualified in that football club who could be and we know they weren't consulted....Alex Ferguson and Bobby Charlton.

Maybe I'm being emotional, maybe this is unprofessional, but I don't care. There is something rotten to the core at the football club and the people in the boardroom at this moment of time are nowhere near good enough.
They are playing football manager with the biggest club in the world. Stop it. I hope Jose is there next week. I like Jose Mourinho and I'll be sad if he goes."

Neville summed it up perfectly. Jose isn’t the problem

I’m go with Neville on this and say the upper management are the bigger problem.

Here's the thing... Neville is right. The way this club has conducted itself in the past few years has been a disgrace. Woodward needs to be moved to a different role or sacked altogether. Members of the board need to be removed too.

But Jose is a part of the problem too. He's not good enough to turn this around in this day of football. His tactics are out dated and so is his style of management.

He's not the biggest problem for sure. There are other changes that are needed. But the way that Jose has conducted himself has been a joke. He could have rallied the players together. He could have batoned down the hatches and created a positive atmosphere. A "screw those non football people trying to ruin this club".

I've said for a couple of years now there's something rotten within the club. Something that is truly destroying the soul of our great club. It was there before Jose so it isn't all Jose's fault. But he does need to go.

It's worth remembering that Mourinho's people leaked the story about Van Gaal being sacked and they have seemingly leaked last night's story.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back