What would OGS have to do....

... to become our permanent manager.

It’s an interesting conversation I had with a United supporting mate today. He was already convinced he should be given the job full time because of the start. I was a little more pragmatic and said that it’ll take more than four wins to convince me, albeit four very promising wins.

So would he have to win a trophy? Make it to top four? Or could we miss out on both and he would still be in with a shot simply for his style of football and future potential?

IDFD

If he gets top 4 from the position he started I’d let him have it

O-Dog

Needs to show tactical nous, especially against PSG and the big boys of the Prem.

If he does and we compete and play very well for the rest of the season, winning the majority of games, then why not give him a shot?

Saying that, I think we've already lined up Poch; that's why the club were happy to gamble with Ole.

jsp

Needs to get past PSG, decent run in FA cup, win some of the remaining big games in the league Spurs/Arsenal (a), City/Chelsea/Liverpool (h) if he could get say 10 points from 15 in those games and continue beating the weaker sides then I think he’s got a shot of carrying on.

I think he will need to show he can compete on all 3 fronts over the next few months but for him to get it I think Poch needs to turn us down as it feels like he is the number 1 guy but that’s just speculation.

Mr C

Would United get an interim if they hadn’t already spoken to Poch? All the other possibles were available

jsp

Would United get an interim if they hadn’t already spoken to Poch? All the other possibles were available
I think they had no choice but appoint interim as the ready made replacement wasn’t available.

I think the decision was a bit try before you buy if Ole does well I think he will get the job but what qualifies as well is the issue?

Poch is a very expensive gamble but my guess is he’s been sounded out the problem is he’s on Madrid radar as well and they probably trump us because it’s an easier move for him to make.

Red Warrior

Ole has the run of fixtures going for him at the minute. There are 12 very winnable games between now and the end of the season and only 5 against the big boys. We could finish the season on very nearly 80 points if things go well but I can't really see us buying anyone in January so he does have one hand tied behind his back and has to work with what he has.

I notice today Real are doing badly so that usually means the end of Solari, and there is only one manager I think they would want now in Poch so it could cause Utd problems in that department. Maybe doors will slide in Ole's favour, you just never know.

jsp

Ole has the run of fixtures going for him at the minute. There are 12 very winnable games between now and the end of the season and only 5 against the big boys. We could finish the season on very nearly 80 points if things go well but I can't really see us buying anyone in January so he does have one hand tied behind his back and has to work with what he has.

I notice today Real are doing badly so that usually means the end of Solari, and there is only one manager I think they would want now in Poch so it could cause Utd problems in that department. Maybe doors will slide in Ole's favour, you just never know.
Madrid may want Poch but will they be prepared to pay £40m to get him out of that Spurs contract? Money is tight in Madrid it's why the galactico spending has eased off as debts built up to build that team and as we can all see it's starting to creak it needs freshening up and they're planning work on the stadium.

I think with Madrid given the way they operate they're more likely to spend big on players than managers because they know managers come and go with them.

I think if we are still in the Champions League and FA Cup plus still in the hunt for top four come early April then I think he would have done enough to convince me. That way he would have won some very big games.