What to believe?

Red Warrior

Jose's latest interview...

I want the team to start strong and go strong on the opponent, not to be waiting,’ he added. ‘Probably you or the fans think Jose told them to start slow and play nice and easy, or to be waiting for them to react. It’s exactly the opposite thing. I want the team to go immediately and it’s a bit frustrating.’

Don't really know what to believe after reading that. Players fault? Managers fault? Both?

Full interview
Mourinho tells players to 'stay at home' if they can't handle pressure
Jose Mourinho tells his players to 'stay at home' if they can't handle the pressure at Old Trafford | Daily Mail Online

I cannot change players’ natures dramatically,’ he said. ‘The solution is that probably I have to make certain choices based on heart and then probably I will play myself.’

Mourinho alongside Matic at CM?

Should he keep his mouth shut after a performance like that. Bury his head in the sand and pretend it wasn’t woeful? If the players really aren’t performing as told to then they should be called out on it.

But the minimum requirement is to show some heart and desire and they aren’t even doing that at the moment possibly with the exception of Lindelof on saturday who I half expected to walk off the pitch and leave us with 10

I think in any other team in the world, if the players don't look interested and the manager is saying he is asking them to do things they are not doing then there is only one outcome, the manager has to go. Why are we so slow in doing things like this???

In the press today, Mourinho wanted Witsel instead of Fred and the board elected to buy Fred instead. I know it's in the press and you cant believe 95% of their tripe but there could be something in this as he doesn't seem to want to play Fred.

I’m surprised we didn’t sign Wiesel. 29. Should have been signed 5 years ago. Got an attitude problem. Sounds like someone Woodward would jump at.

He’s basically saying he’s lost the dressing room. In which case there is only one end game.

Well based on those quotes there are only 3 possibilities for all the slow starts.

1) the players aren't following instructions from the manager to start quickly.
2) the instructions they are given on how to start quickly don't work.
3) the players aren't good enough to execute the instructions.

There's just never any pressure on the ball when the opponent has it so it becomes so easy for them to play and then we don't seem to be compact enough so teams can cut through us easily with one or two passes and be on to the defence.

I don't see it being number 1 to me it feels like a mixture of 2 and 3 the plan might be a bit out dated and the players are also struggling to follow it.

I'll continue your list...

4) bad coaching
5) bad team selection
6) managers favourites

There is nothing we can do with the back 4 to improve really, Delot needs game time though (point 5)

Midfield is where we can make changes. Matic MUST MUST MUST be dropped (point 5 and 6). Fred must be given a chance (point 5). The manager needs to find his best midfield, two and half seasons in and it's still not been found (point 4 and 5).

The forward line. Lukaku needs a rest/dropping (point 5 and 6). The manager needs to find his best forward line, two and half seasons in and it's still not been found (point 4 and 5).

Seems the majority of the problems rest clearly on Mourinho shoulders to me.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back