What right winger should we sign this summer and why?

What right winger should we sign?

• Felipe Anderson

• Ousmane Dembele

• Riyad Mahrez

• Lucas Moura

• Leroy Sane

• Rafa Silva

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

I think the majority of us would like a new right winger in the summer? If you do, who would you like and why?

Griezmann without doubt. He's quick, skillful and scores goals so he's exactly what this team needs. I know he'd cost a lot but that's where the team is at and our club should be looking to sign the best. Other options... I'll be honest I have no idea! Who else out there is good enough? Mahrez would be nice but is unlikely.

Is greizmann a winger or a striker? I thought he was a striker. I went for Filipe Anderson. Like the look of him.

Plays as a second striker for Atletico, wouldn't call him a striker though, wouldn't play him upfront alone I don't think. Has played a bit on the right and left also this season for Atleti and plays on the wing for France, left or right, right mostly for both.

Out of that list Leroy Sane all day long. The guy is going to be a superstar from what I have seen of him. Second choice would be Dembele.

Anderson flatters to deceive, definitely not worthy of a £35m plus fee. Lucas is a bit hit and miss. Mahrez is a good player but don't fancy him at United, not because he's a bad player but he would be one of those meh signings, wouldn't get me excited at all.

Can't say I've seen Sane? And Dembele is young and unproven at the highest level. I think we've maybe got enough youngsters fighting for a chance next season? I don't think we want too much youth... And it's not like Lingard is an old experienced head to give us that option. Anderson is too flashy for me without that true end product. He's done well in Italy but it's a different game over here and I don't think he'd have the same impact.

Should check out Sane if you can, seen him a bit for Schalke and although he isn't a total regular, he is class. His goal and general performance against Madrid in the CL last season illustrated his talent.

I can see what you are saying about the youngsters, and the case of Depay shows that it's not always easy for young talented guys. However with the experience of Rooney, Mata, Schneiderlin etc I do think we can afford another young guy around.

I think personally it's about opinion, I really love seeing a team full of youth, so I would always advocate more youth. Obviously with an experienced core, with at least one or two experienced heads in each facet of the team.

Should check out Sane if you can, seen him a bit for Schalke and although he isn't a total regular, he is class. His goal and general performance against Madrid in the CL last season illustrated his talent.

I can see what you are saying about the youngsters, and the case of Depay shows that it's not always easy for young talented guys. However with the experience of Rooney, Mata, Schneiderlin etc I do think we can afford another young guy around.

I think personally it's about opinion, I really love seeing a team full of youth, so I would always advocate more youth. Obviously with an experienced core, with at least one or two experienced heads in each facet of the team.

OK I'll check out Sane buddy!

Ooh yeah I do like the idea of a team full of youth and I guess it depends what the club want in the near future? Do they want to be serious contenders in Europe? If so then I don't think they can afford too much youth. But yeah for me I'd rather see them flourish and play exciting football.

I've somewhat blindly voted for Dembele based purely on a few clips of him and the superlatives I've read about him. Although we're not likely to compete with Barca or Real for the top players in the market, we certainly should be able to present a compelling case for young guys like Dembele given our trust in youth and the number of players we have blooded over the past few seasons.

All the players on the list represent a gamble - even Mahrez, who as good as he's been for Leicester and for all the experience he has in England, there'd be no guarantees he'd step up at a big club. So for me go for the one who has the most potential, whether that's Dembele or Sane or somebody else.

Suggestion: Yannick Bolasie at Crystal Palace?

Not for me, maybe for a smaller club like Liverpool.

He has spells when he is very good but then, like this season, he hasn't been great. So I think a little inconsistent for me. Him and Zaha are very similar, although Bolasie a little better, but I think there are better options out there.

There's definitely better options out there than Bolasie but he does have a lot of potential. It's just I worry that he's not a teenager anymore and he's really not yet shown he can be consistent.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Oxlade-Chamberlain has been rumoured, gone under the radar a bit but think it was a pretty strong rumour.

To United?! Hmm... I could see how maybe that could work. He's maybe had enough chances at Arsenal for them to be ready to move on but he's definitely got the talent. Maybe with a fresh start and a clean break he could get his career back on track. He's not someone I'd instantly be excited by but I could see how maybe it's a signing that could work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back