What next for Bale?

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty classless quote from Zidane to be honest. Sure you don’t fancy him but no need to say stuff like that. Not sure why Bale would want to stay at Madrid apart from the fact he could stay there and earn big bucks for not doing much but if he has any kind of ambition he would get out. Got to find a club to pay his big wages and he isn’t a shoe in to be successful because of his injury record of late.

So where do you think he could go? Under what circumstances would we want him here? A smaller transfer fee and a reduction in wages? A loan? Or should we stay well well clear? Also the big question would he want to come?

Think he’s just telling it as it is it’s not nice but Bale and his agent are basically saying publicly they have no interest in leaving he wants to see out his contract.

The manager is telling him if he does that don’t expect to play.

Madrid have done this to players before force them out and they have made it quite clear they want him gone.

I think he’ll be back to the prem on loan with Madrid paying some of his wages.

My guess would be Utd or Chelsea if they get their ban lifted I could see him going to Chelsea on loan as part of a deal for Hazard similarly with Utd as part of the Pogba deal.

Bale has said he's happy to not play and pick up his 600,00 grand a week

Bale has said he's happy to not play and pick up his 600,00 grand a week
I wasnt overly keen on the idea of us getting him anyway, but what he has apparently said shows you where he is at, not bothered to sit and get paid his salary for playing in the reserves.

Could be his way of fighting back at madrid, but lets all face it, Bale is a typical current generation united signing, I only think he goes if the buyer pays him vast amounts of money, similar to what he earns now - were going to be that team unfortunately.

Sounds to me like him and his agent are trying to get a pay out from Madrid they know they hold a strong hand my guess is they're looking for Madrid to wave a transfer fee allowing them to clean up at the next club with a huge signing fee/contract etc.

Hopefully united have learnt that type of business format upsets the dressing room.

I don’t want Bale but the Tottenham rumour is a £10m loan fee with Tottenham covering £200k of his wages. I wouldn’t mind taking a punt in that sort of deal

I don’t want Bale but the Tottenham rumour is a £10m loan fee with Tottenham covering £200k of his wages. I wouldn’t mind taking a punt in that sort of deal

I'd take that punt as well to be honest it's £20m for one season all in Bale has some issues but you will struggle to find a more talented player this summer on the market. He'd be coming with a massive chip on his shoulder as well and with only Europa league to play we could keep him fresh by just using him in league games. I think even this version of Bale is good for 20 goals off the wing in a season he's still a top quality player just have to ban him from all the local golf courses.

I guess the tricky bit is will Madrid insist on obligation to buy clauses.

They would definitely get this in there.

I'm not sure they would because I don't think anyone would bite on it.

My guess is they'll be pushing a 2 year loan deal bit like they did with James and Bayern just to get him out of site.

They know they can't sell him with that contract so I think they'll just end up loaning him around trying to get other clubs to swallow some of the wages until the contract expires in 4 years time. We will be in a similar position with Sanchez unless we can agree some sort of pay off to release him from his contract but even that longer term creates problems when you are trying to sell players.

Bale is not the type of player we need, we have had the money grabbers. We need players who want to play and improve and win.

I don't know who will take Bale. Maybe that is why his agent is saying he will stay. No club of any prestige want him?

I think his agent is just playing a game to get the best deal for his client as Madrid have been doing the dirty on his reputation a bit as well.

Bale to me doesn't strike me as the money grabber he has a great contract which he earned at Madrid helping them to 4 CL titles in 5 seasons but it's just come to an end they want him out he probably wants out his agent is just making sure his client gets the best pay off possible from them.

He's just turned 29 so I wouldn't buy him but given where we are and what we need I think a loan deal could be tempting bit like the Falcao one given where we've fallen to could he provide the bump we need and he'd fit perfectly on to the right side of a front 3.

That said I don't watch Madrid very often so I don't know what his performances have actually been like.

I haven’t watched a single Madrid game this season in La Liga with the rights going to eleven sport. But last season there were games that I couldn’t believe he wasn’t getting in the side. He was coming on and changing games. We all know the quality he’s got and he hasn’t lost that he’s just fallen out with the manager....but he’s 29 now. How much does that mean. Depends on the player. You’d take a 29 yr old Ronaldo in a heartbeat and apparently a 29 yr old Sanchez is basically dead.

The one plus is that he hasn’t actually been injured this season. For Madrid and Wales he’s started 34 and come as as a sub in 13 more. (4 of those appearances for Wales) so he’s had a solid season under his belt fitness wise.

Edit: I’ve just looked he has missed a total of 8 games through injury. 6 with an calf injury just after Christmas. In the two seasons previous he missed 18 games with calf injuries. So that might be a little worry. But it’s a fairly solid season for him and the most appearances he’s made since 14/15

Think the difference between Bale and Sanchez is Bale gets most summers off whereas Sanchez has had an international tournament in 5 of the last 6 summers if you count this summer where he's off to the Copa America. Bale has played in one European championship in 2016 whereas Sanchez has been away every summer.

I don't think it's something we should consider as our first solution to our problems but if the players we wants aren't available or choose other clubs it's worth having as a fall back option.

Assuming we are losing Mata on a free and we manage to get Lukaku & Sanchez out as well that leaves us with Martial, Rashford, Lingard to cover the 3 attacking positions. If you add this James kid from Swansea and Bale on loan I think that gives you some good balance still think we'd need o add an experienced number 9 if Lukaku goes but you'd have a nice blend of youth and experience I think.

been reading Mata is close to re signing, which I would be chuffed about.

He would instantly be our best attacking player - obviously we haven’t been linked to him strongly barring the stupid silly rumours which are in those gossip columns. However, if we can get ourselves a good deal and not do something stupid like pay £80m and give him £500k a week then I think it’s a bit of a no-brainer.

been reading Mata is close to re signing, which I would be chuffed about.

This is crazy as he has no role in the team and he's just stopping the chance for a young player to come through.

I do like Mata but we've got to start moving on.

This is crazy as he has no role in the team and he's just stopping the chance for a young player to come through.

I do like Mata but we've got to start moving on.
The club has far to much emphasis on being sentimental towards our older players, I like Mata, but you have to realise when players like this really start slowing down and are surplus to requirements.

It worries me in regards to bringing new players in, have they offered him a better deal as they arent expecting too many incoming players therefore the need to keep players like Mata ?

I don't think it's sentiment with Mata. I see the long term.

On the field, he'll be limited to game time, but is different from everything else we have.

But I see in him many roles beyond playing. He is such and intelligent likeable man, he gives off the aura of someone who would be a great coach, DoF? ambassador etc. I see his future at the club a long term thing.

The club has far to much emphasis on being sentimental towards our older players, I like Mata, but you have to realise when players like this really start slowing down and are surplus to requirements.

It worries me in regards to bringing new players in, have they offered him a better deal as they arent expecting too many incoming players therefore the need to keep players like Mata ?

I think it's them being penny pinchers they'll probably give him a new 2 year deal then try to get a fee for him either in January or next summer like they did with Fellaini. They know if they let these guys leave on bosman deals then they'll have to buy replacements rather than just swallow the loss. My guess is Mata like Fellaini probably found the offers he could get were not that attractive so he'd now prefer to stay.

Renewing Mata is a cheaper solution than buying a replacement and actually sorting out our problems it's exactly the same reason Young, Smalling & Jones were renewed and why Rojo was renewed last season.

I think it's them being penny pinchers they'll probably give him a new 2 year deal then try to get a fee for him either in January or next summer like they did with Fellaini. They know if they let these guys leave on bosman deals then they'll have to buy replacements rather than just swallow the loss. My guess is Mata like Fellaini probably found the offers he could get were not that attractive so he'd now prefer to stay.

Renewing Mata is a cheaper solution than buying a replacement and actually sorting out our problems it's exactly the same reason Young, Smalling & Jones were renewed and why Rojo was renewed last season.
And exactly the reason were in the shit state were currently sitting in ...

And exactly the reason were in the shit state were currently sitting in ...

I think it's kind of a unique situation for the premier league clubs especially the top ones, getting players to leave is tough because the money elsewhere is nowhere near as good so while we can buy from anyone we can probably only sell players to maybe 20 clubs in the world. City have been pretty ruthless on this in recent years letting players like Milner, Clichey, Zabaletta, Sagna & Kompany leave for nothing to freshen up the squad Utd really need to be doing the same.

For me far to many players at Utd are happy with squad roles and Mata is one of them he featured in 22 league games last season god knows how many of those were starts if you're a serious footballer why would you sign to stay?

Now you do need some guys who are happy being squad players but our club seems full of them there's not enough unhappy players demanding moves to play more football. Mata strikes me as someone who knows his career is winding down and his contribution is diminishing last 2 seasons he's contributed 3 goals and 6 goals in all comps that's poor and if we're going to a more high intensity game then that isn't going to suit him.

Reported we made a £30m bid for him and Madrid have said they want £80m. I’d be annoyed at paying £30m for someone they want rid of let alone £80m.

Reported we made a £30m bid for him and Madrid have said they want £80m. I’d be annoyed at paying £30m for someone they want rid of let alone £80m.

I'd be annoyed if we've made a bid for him period I think anyone looking at Bale should be pushing for a loan deal first he's damaged goods and you'd think we've been burned on this enough in recent years.

I'd only be paying a fee if he's taking a huge pay cut to leave which I highly doubt.

Any sort of fee is ridiculous. As it stands they’ll be sinking £51m down the drain for a player over 3 years who isn’t a part of their set up. They can either let him go on a free or swallow that £51m.

We had to do it with Rooney. Will probably end up doing it with Sanchez. No one should bail them out by offering them money.

Just sit it out in Madrid earning a small fortune and enjoying the good life. That's what I'd do if I were Bale. He's had a good career and he's won a lot. Coming back to the Premier League would be a mistake I think.

My guess is his main motivation from football now will be trying to get Wales to a World Cup I think he’d love to achieve that to do that he will need to be playing regularly at his club.

Madrid are in real trouble they need to rebuild, they’re trying to develop the stadium and they’ve got a squad full of players with no real transfer value and the players they want are all going to cost a bomb.

So the story is he's got a few big offers from China where clubs can match his wage but can't afford much of a transfer fee because in China there is a 100% tax on transfer fees of foreign players.

The only European Club being linked is PSG but that is purely rumour being put forward as part of a potential Neymar deal but I don't really see where Neymar fits into Real Madrid.

Utd have ruled themselves out and there were a few rumours about Bayern but my guess is they'd maybe consider a loan deal can't see them wanting to buy him.

Spurs is another team being linked but again fee plus wages mean there's no way they could afford to bring him back as he'd blow the entire wage structure apart.

These stories emerged after some cutting comments from Zidane over the weekend basically telling Bale to get out as he's no longer welcome and won't be picked for squads they really are forcing him out the door.

More rifts after qualifying yesterday he got a flag from the crowd. Not sure how deliberate but it reads

‘Wales, Golf, Madrid. In that order’

Wow, just seen that picture, that is a massive error in judgement.

Maybe he just wants to push through that China move.

I wouldn't mind him on the cheap. Under 50m and 200g a week.

Hard to tell if he knew it was written on the flag I suspect he did but he should know better but it's a tough one for him because he needs to stand with the team I think he could probably have done without it.

Guessing the odds on a return to Spurs have been slashed as Mourinho spent years chasing him at Utd.

It’s not exactly going to adhere him to any suitors, I know it’s not happening for him in Madrid right now but this was a little idiotic.

I think if we were going to get Bale we would have had him by now. Think the ship has sailed and to be honest I don’t really want him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back