What does everyone do Fri/Sat nights?

Red Warrior

So with the new year comes all the usual new year resolutions and the Mrs has decided we should give up drink for a month. I'm pretty bad when it comes to finishing work Friday in that I just wanna go for a pint or 2 and come 4/5pm Saturday I'm thinking the same thing. What do you guys do as the pub has become a bit of a Fri/Sat habit that isn't going to be hard to break but I need to replace it with something fun/interesting.

I play Darts down the pub on a Friday and watch Football in the pub on a Saturday. Hope I was of great help to you haha

I’m in the pub 5/6 nights a week. I am also attempting dry January. I’ll still be in the pub regularly as I play Poker once a week and darts/pool for the pub also. Then after football on a Thursday we go pub. So it isn’t going to be easy.

However what I have done was installed FM2018 and started a new file. And last night got off the train after work and instead of popping in to my local for a couple (as I do pretty much every day after work) I went home and played FM.

Trying the same mate so feel your pain haha normally pub few nights a week, as you say Friday after work normally pub and Saturday afternoon few games of pool and watch the footy that's on.

Trying dry January (bar belated work Xmas party) and I'm hoping footy manager and Fifa keep me in over January lol

I might be a bit older/more boring than the rest of you, but I've don't tend to spend nights in pubs anymore. If I catch up with friends it's usually at their/my house. We might have a beer but usually just chat and catch up/play X-Box. Having two little-uns means nights out are restricted anyhow. So I end up watching a movie at home with the missus one night and maybe just catching up on some sleep the other.

Sounds like being in the boozer playing poker etc without drinking will be torture haha.

There are never any good films on, I cant even remember the last time I watched a good film. Sat through the tedium of Brawl in Cell Block 99 last night. 3 hour film that could have been pretty good if it was condensed to 1hr 30mins or so.

Time to get twister out and get creative with the mrs ;)

I'm alright playing poker without a drink. It's tomorrow after football i'm really not looking forward to! That first pint after a run around is delightful! I'll end up having a few bottles of that Becks Blue just for the taste at least!

Normally pub one night then movie night or dinner with the mrs the other night.

Don’t spend much time in pubs anymore catch up with mates every couple of weeks and the odd venture to the local for the football.

That said not much of a drinker don’t drink at all during the week.

I went through that phase when I was about 40, gave up booze for about a year.

I ran, started doing 2 min run, two min walk for 20 mins every other day. It's amazing how quickly your stamina builds, you'll be be doing 5km straight really quickly. I ended up doing 15-20km 3 times a week.

Now I just sit around watching TV. When you've got 2 girls you start watching strictly and of course the voice starts this weekend, ain't life fun ;-). It's quite nice, we get a bowl of popcorn and watch all sorts. Friday night I'm sat in car waiting for their dance class to finish.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back