Werder Bremen ready to listen to offers for Ozil

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DTguardian Confirmed, from high at #MUFC, that Fergie was at Fulham last w-e purely to see Ozil - not, as he said, to see forthcoming opponents

se7en said:
@DTguardian Confirmed, from high at #MUFC, that Fergie was at Fulham last w-e purely to see Ozil - not, as he said, to see forthcoming opponents

I don't trust him, he was the same idiot who said Vidic said he's leaving to Madrid after a Serbia game at the WC when it never happened!

Yeah I don't listen to him much either. Supports Forest, they all talk rubbish. As I learnt from a Forest fan I know.

Don't see Ozil fitting into 4-4-2. Never seen him play for Werder though so can't really comment on him too much, easy to get carried away with WC "stars". Especially at a poor World Cup such as this one.

Ozil would do good in a 4-5-1. he'd be perfect in a 4-2-3-1.

--------------Rooney-------------

------Nani-----Ozil------Valencia

---------Fletcher---Carrick-----

---Evra-----Vidic---Rio-----Rafael--

-----------------VDS

I can see him either as a winger cutting inside, similar to what Gerrard was doing in the World Cup or being played as a Deep Striker. Can't see him being too effective in a two man midfield without someone else to do all the running around and tackling

It'd be an awesome signing if we could get him just for Champions LEague games, the role he's good at is what we lack in the CL. Park does a good job but we need someone more creative in there. Ozil is not required in the Prem in my opinion.

Saying that though, we put 4 past Milan and 3 past Bayern and it could have been more had Rafael not been sent off. Start of the summer I thought we desperately needed a creative-goalscoring mid and after more thought and reviewing of the season I don't think we need one as much, it'd be good but it's not a necessity anymore, not this summer anyway, by next summer Cleverley could be a top player too.

g@mb!t said:
I can see him either as a winger cutting inside, similar to what Gerrard was doing in the World Cup or being played as a Deep Striker. Can't see him being too effective in a two man midfield without someone else to do all the running around and tackling

What will happen to Nani? We don't need more forwards.

I hope he does play and then we can pick up for cheaper in January or on a free next summer if need be.

Personally Ozil is going to miss out if he goes to Barca. His gametime might be limited with us but I can't see him playing for Barca at all especially if they get Fabregas next summer.

Ozil is sure to leave, but i don't think he'll join United..i can't wait for someone to confirm his transfer!
getting so annoying to read Ozil rumors everywhere

If he comes great but im excited about watching Cleverley more

£16.5m is mental for someone who's contract expires next summer. Is he going to get in the Real team?

Marca reporting it's £12.4m now. Still, Cleverley... free. :D

Kaka, Ronaldo, Canales, Ozil, Di Maria and VDV - It's not going to be easy keeping all those players happy.

People say "will Ozil get in their starting lineup?". Would he even get in ours at the moment. Fergie seems to want to go predominantly back to 4-4-2. He would never get in a 4-4-2.

i think the longer the saga went on, the odds of us getting him kept getting less.
Fergie is the last person to waste so much time buying someone!!
It had all the makings of a Madrid transfer, publicly linked to leave for a long time, club want him to stay, player wants to leave.....

I think Ozil wanted to stay for the season to be honest but Werder wanted to cash in. Personally I think Werder have got a good deal because I saw him going out on a free next summer, I didn't see him moving. Fergie wasn't willing to pay anywhere near £16.5m and rightly so considering his contract situation. If he'd only signed a 5 year deal last summer, then he'd worth £25m. To get £16.5m is a great deal for Werder. This deal really doesn't have any effect on us, he won't play against us unless it;s in the Champions League. If it was Chelsea who had got him I may have been a bit more worried because I think he'll turn out to be a brilliant player, I don't think he's brilliant yet though.

The main reason foreign players don't want to come to the country in my opinion. SAF talked the other day about younger lads appreciate it more etc. We've bought a lot of players recently who seem to be in it for footballing reasons rather than for the money and those are the players I want to see playing for us.

The tax rate is more even now
Currently foreign footballers pay 24% tax under the "Beckham Law" effective from 2002. From 1.1.2010 the new tax rate will rise to 43%. The new tax rate will apply only to new contracts signed by foreign footballers and skilled people from 1.1.2010 onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back