Wembley up for Sale?

Bid made by the owners of the Jacksonville Jags is what intruiges me most.

Do we need a national stadium? Spain don't have one.

Just looking I didn't realise how little money Wembley made. In 2014 it made a £400k profit. In 2015 it made a £16m loss.

Sounds like he's getting ready to move his NFL franchise here full time he's obviously had the nod from the NFL that he can do it. He's been on the radio saying if he gets the stadium he'd still want the England team to play there and he'd respect the traditions and all that he actually comes across as a decent guy whenever I hear him speak. The people of Jacksonville might feel different if he moves their team though.

I don't think we need a national stadium anymore they clearly built it to try and get the world cup in England and we as a nation have a history of building monuments that are a complete waste of money Wembley, Millenium Dome & Olympic Stadium to name a few all were built at a huge cost to the public purse that was never fully repaid.

The people of Jacksonville might feel different if he moves their team though.

They'll be livid bud. For years they've been the laughing stock of the NFL. Now finally they have a good team and their owner is going to move them across the pond.

And to be honest despite loving American Football I still don't think it's a good move.

I'm not sure he'd move the entire team what we could see though is 1 game every week played at Wembley so every team plays a game there and every other year it's one of your regular season home games.

I'm not sure he'd move the entire team what we could see though is 1 game every week played at Wembley so every team plays a game there and every other year it's one of your regular season home games.

Huh? He owns the Jags. Why would he buy a stadium for every other team in the NFL to play in once a week? A stadium which by the way teams don't want to play in!

Huh? He owns the Jags. Why would he buy a stadium for every other team in the NFL to play in once a week? A stadium which by the way teams don't want to play in!

In NFL they share everything and the league wants to expand so every team coming here once a season helps everyone get richer and I’m not sure the league would want a team being outside of America after all they market the NFL as America’s game.

In NFL they share everything and the league wants to expand so every team coming here once a season helps everyone get richer and I’m not sure the league would want a team being outside of America after all they market the NFL as America’s game.

But league owners have a heavy influence in the NFL and a lot of teams don't want to play here. To be made to do so regularly would not go down well.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back