Wayne Rooney | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be argued that he hasn't been at his very best since 2011-12. Has been hit or miss since but has still contributed to goals and to the team. He's not now.

Manchester United 3-0 Ipswich Town - 23rd September 2015

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Manchester United 3-0 Sunderland - 26th September 2015

Better today.

He seems better when we are winning a game to me. Drops a little bit deeper and controls the ball a bit. We can for this better now we have Martial up front. The ball is contested and sticks better with him there

Manchester United 2-1 Wolfsburg - 30th September 2015

I thought he was okay in the first half, but poor and careless in the second half.

rooney-opta-stats_3358074.jpg

Passing radar.

He really can't dribble.

Thought he was very poor. It's getting a bit of a worry his form, for me. Big game at the weekend for him, he usually turns up for them so let's hope that's the case again.

Big concern now. There are games where I see a bit of promise and think "maybe he can still contribute" and then others like Wednesday where I think "nah he's done".

Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United - 4th October 2015

I think he is done. He started very early and i think will finish early.

He was finished a long time ago but if he clears the ball at Old Trafford "Rooney Rooney Rooney".

He's recovered for Everton . A Rooney in poor form returning from injury and away at Goodison isn't going to make for good viewing.

Everton 0-3 Manchester United - 17th October 2015

Good showing today leading the line.. Could have scored more than just the one. His movement was causing Jagielka a lot of problems, he was put through on 3 or 4 occasions. More of that please Wayne.

Finished his goal well probably could have nicked a 2nd. Passing was horrendous but apart from that a performance like that for him at Goodison is world class.

CSKA 1-1 Manchester United - 21st October 2015

Standard undroppable performance

Manchester United 0-0 Manchester United - 25th October 2015

Of all the poor decisions Van Gaal has made, the decision to persist with Rooney is his worst, and could ultimately cost him his job if he doesn't change his mind. Playing Martial out of position to fit him in.

With De Gea in goal and Martial upfront I was quite optimistic about our title chances but with Rooney upfront or even in the team they are decreasing. We might not be any better with him on the bench but I'd like to see it at least tried given that he's no longer our best 10 or 9.

He wasn't good, he wasn't bad. 5/10 performance for me. He was isolated against Kompany and Otamendi. Martial would have had more joy, and the two should have swapped positions at some point during the game.

From viewing the recent BBC documentary on him you can see why managers are so keen to keep him in the side due to his captaincy which seems incredibly good. However based purely on performances you would have to say he will be lucky to keep his place should he not improve soon. He looks off the pace, his touch isn't great and he actually, for the first time I can remember, looks short on confidence.

He just doesn't pose a threat at all.

Now he's struggling as a centre forward the media are now saying he should play as a 10.

I am not yet sure if this is decline or just an issue of bad form. Surely he has done a lot of good things to us over the years and I still believe we are different as a club than most others in handling our players. He should be given time to proof us wrong this season. If he can't recover we should go and sign someone in the summer and needs to face (more) competition.

Also we should not waste a talent like Martial. He is 19 and will have dips in form like most youngsters have. We still need Rooney and Martial will develop under his guidance. We had the same hopes in Januzaj after his season under Moyes but he faded and doesn't look good for Dortmund either.

Manchester United 0-0 Middlesbrough (1-3 pens) - 28th October 2015

Can we have his testimonial tomorrow and then just sell him? Crap.

At least it was on target. Carrick looked shit scared before taking his and ballooned it over.

Depressing sight at this point.

I knew Rooney was gonna miss as soon as he layed the the ball on the spot. The other pens were just awfuls as well excpet that 19 year old brazilian who showed them how to do it.

I don't think he's far away from getting dropped. Just not producing anything worth noting at all.

Crystal Palace 0-0 Manchester United - 31st October 2015

He gets bundled off the ball so easily, it's like watching Falcao from last season. I've no idea why people we're losing their shit about selling him 2 years ago, thanks Moyes.

Manchester United 1-0 CSKA Moscow - 3rd November 2015

Better.

Kind of agreed with what Scholesy said post-match, benefitted from having support around him, more freedom and also from us playing more direct.

His miss showed how much his reactions have slowed. Right place, right time which has secured his undroppable status for the rest of the season.

Manchester United 2-0 WBA - 7th November 2015

Ironic cheers when he was subbed off?

Overdue sub though, hard to watch him. I'd like to see Mata get another go at 10, play with pace around him.

He was okay. His touch is looking better. 6/10 for me.

I think Mata is too weak to play 10 in a possession based system.

Don't know how to describe his performance. Did just enough to stay on the pitch. But I just feel that for £300000 pounds a week we deserve a bit more from him.

Thought he was very poor but for one touch which was amazing. Physically shot in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back