Status
Not open for further replies.
Further evidence today I thought that he's better when playing up top. Problem was, we had no one who could do as well as he does behind him. Kagawa was bullied by the much stronger Spurs midfielders. I'd have brought Nani on instead of Hernandez first and pushed Rooney back forward.

Carrying the team over the line to get a point, cannot dispute his work rate and desire

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Immense performance once more. Looking more and more like a leader.

Aston Villa - 15/12/2013

Team performance by Rooney. His role in a deeper position gave Cleverley and Giggs another passing option, which helped them quite a bit.

Played a lot deeper than he has done all season. I think he's played too far forward this season, basically been 442.

Rooney again steady as a rock!

He was doing a great job today against Villa bolstering up that midfield. Not the role he prefers by all accounts but its a case of needs must at the mo.

His range of passing and general awareness of whats going on around him is fantastic. Very unselfish of him to slip a great ball through for Cleverley's goal.

Another all round solid performance. X)U

Sorry Bob. Could find the Rooney thread. My apols.

Playing deeper and I think that's been a great help to the performances of late.

Hull City - 26/12/2013

Crickey, I dread to think where we would be without Rooney this season. Not his best game today, but an assist and a quality goal.

Hell of a goal. Leading the side through tough times. Setting a great example. Has to be said.

Great performance from him today. Had a hand in all three goals today. His pressure led to the third goal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be difficult for Rooney to stay focused playing a role that is clearly not what he wants to be doing. But fair play to him, he has mucked in and made a tremendous contribution. Don't know how many times he made headed clearences out of our box yesterday, 5 seconds later he's on the halfway line spraying the ball about. The guys owes us nothing. His work rate for the cause is second to none.

Yes you have got to think how much longer will he tolerate playing out of position for Moyes

I don't think Rooney was as deep yesterday in comparison to what we have seen in recent weeks. He played in midfield for a period when Fletcher was replaced but for the majority he played as #9 or #10. Here is a link to his heatmap - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695075

I'm optismtic we'll sign a midfielder in January and the new arrival will hopefully allow Rooney to play further forward.

Started deep, then switched with Welbeck after we went 2-0 down I thought.

I don't think Rooney really had a problem playing in midfield under Fergie. His problem was with Fergie.

Norwich City - 28/12/2013

Moyes apparently said after the game that ideally Rooney would be given 2-3 weeks to recover but he's needed vs Spurs.

Not sure what to make of that.

He is a very important part of the team. Without him dropping deep to collect the ball there is no one linking the midfield to the attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal - 12/2/2014

Generally poor bar the pass to Van Persie. Decent defensive shift. He's been average since his return from injury.

Crystal Palace - 22/2/2014

Sublime technique for goal. Top finish.

Great goal. Hope for better performances from him and van Persie in time though.

Was a great goal. But this was not his best performance. He can be better.

Dissapointed

that he didn't celebrate in front of the coin throwers.

Olympiakos - 25/2/2014

Rubbish, should give him ÂŁ300 a month when he plays like that.

West Bromwich Albion - 8/3/2014

Quiet first half, better in the second. He was more involved and played better after Van Persie was replaced.

If we can get Welbeck finishing consistently like that then I would have no problems with them playing together. To be fair we wont find that out until Welbeck gets a proper run up top.

Thought Rooney was average today and but for van Persie's yellow could have been subbed off instead. A goal and assist though after that. Often the case with him, he can play poor and still contribute to goals.

Thought he was crap until we scored and the game opened up.

Not sure if it is good or bad though. Happens far too often, needs to play better.

Rooney is the first player in Premier League history to record double figures for both goals & assists in five seasons.

Liverpool - 16/3/2014

Generally poor and dwelled in possession. He at least showed a desire to press from the front.

Caught in possession a lot. Partly due to his lack of awareness today but also a lack of movement throughout the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back