Warren Joyce at Melbourne City

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wonder if Utd offered him a role in the club.

Shame to see him joining a rival clubs feeder team. Hope its clever by City, bet they'll be picking his brain about how our academy works.

Absolutely gutted! Wanted him back in our reserves and academy set up. Need to get someone in to help Nicky out

Could City send their 18-21 year olds there on loan to play under him?

Not sure how the a-league rules work

Absolutely gutted! Wanted him back in our reserves and academy set up. Need to get someone in to help Nicky out

I've heard some rumours today that Sbragia is coming back to coach the U23's. Would have definitely preferred Joyce to come back but I'm guessing after Wigan he got the thirst for being a manager at senior level.

Not 100% but I think they are only allowed a maximum of 5 foreign players. So technically yeah city could send some over there.

Sbragia! Not Ricky Sbragia. Must have been a real poor shortlist if his got the job. Isn't he the guy responsible for producing Richardson?

Sbragia! Not Ricky Sbragia. Must have been a real poor shortlist if his got the job. Isn't he the guy responsible for producing Richardson?

Yeah definitely must have been a poor shortlist. I remember Sbragia saying that he prefers big strong youngsters rather than small nimble guys. Which at the time I thought was a very narrow minded view. I really hope his old fashioned views have changed because if it hasn't then guys like Angel Gomes may struggle to get into that side.

Yeah definitely must have been a poor shortlist. I remember saying that he prefers big strong youngsters rather than small nimble guys. Which at the time I thought was a very narrow minded view. I really hope his old fashioned views have changed because if it hasn't then guys like Angel Gomes may struggle to get into that side.

Great so we've got a guy running our kids that would have turned away a young Messi because he was too small.

When we got McKenna from Spurs to run our under 18s we got a real up and coming coach. Young, fresh ideas and someone who's still in touch with the kids. Why not follow suit when getting a under 23 manager? Sbragia has to be in his 60's surely? Too old, too old fashioned.

Someone tell phil Neville to stop practising his step overs and come get involved.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back