Tuesday, 5th September 2017
Moldova v Wales

Friday, 6th October 2017
Georgia v Wales

Monday, 9th October 2017
Wales v Republic of Ireland

Result: Wales 4-0 Moldova - 5th Septebmer 2016

Vokes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Allen:

Bale:

Enjoyed that tonight again. Had a few worries leading up to the game that we might struggle with favourites tag but we looked very confident.

Yeah they looked very confident tonight and with Bale in the side, they are always going to be a threat. I think Vokes and Allen are also growing as very good players for Wales. Overall I think I enjoy watching Wales, more than England. There just doesn't seem to be any egos and it's refreshing to see.

I remember watching Wales under 6-12 years ago under Toshack and it was passionless, can't be arsed football, no confidence whatsoever in what we were doing. It's been a huge turnaround since then, work was going on at youth level before then mind, Brian Flynn deserves a lot of credit for his work with the U21s.

Wales now are defensively organised and work hard but when we have the ball we're not afraid to take risks, we look confident and when we lose it we work hard to win it back. It's great, the players are close, they've been brought up together over the past 10 years, there's a club feel about it. I suppose it's one of the advantages of having a smaller pool of players to pick from, there's not much change when a squad needs to be picked.

Couldn't agree more! And as much as it'll pain people to hear it and accept it... The English FA could learn a hell of a lot from the Welsh here. They have come on so far in a fairly short space of time! England could really take some things from them! Instead of repeating the same nonsense all of the time.

Result: Austria 2-2 Wales - 6th October 2016

Result: Wales 1-1 Georgia - 9th October 2016

What a goal from Woodburn! Big win tonight especially with Ireland drawing. Need to build on this win and bring 3 points back from Moldova.

I guess I'm an imposter here since I'm a bit of an Ireland fan with the Keano connection. Ideally I'd like to see them qualify along with Wales. It's looking unlikely but not impossible.

Who put the titanic music over that goal??? :D

Great strike by the kid.

13 minutes left for Wales to try and make the play offs. Gonna be an exciting finish here!

Yeah definitely was a damp squib! Without Bale, Wales don’t look amazing. They have a lot of decent enough players but if someone doesn’t produce something special like Lawrence and Woodburn have done in 1-0 wins of late then they struggle. I have no idea why Coleman didn’t bring on Vokes to partner Robson-Kanu rather than replace him.

Woodburn looks a very fine prospect and they need some young guys coming through because Bale won’t be around forever.

Think Wales played into Ireland's hand a bit by going long and direct towards the end but they didn't really have much choice without Bale to provide the magic they are a bit limited, Ireland played the game perfectly they set the trap by defending deep and inviting Wales out then pounced on the one mistake. Wales just didn't have the necessary quality to make a break through had they got 1 I think they'd have won quite easily but Ireland had to play this way as they knew they weren't as good in midfield and they didn't really have much quality up front.

As some what of a neutral in this I'd rather Wales go through than Ireland purely because I find Ireland a tough watch and I think they'll just get rolled over if they make it to the world cup whereas I think Wales because of Bale could actually do something at a tournament. What Ireland wouldn't give for an attacking player like Bale!

From an Irish POV I was glad it was a like for like as I doubt Duffy and Clark would have coped as well with two to look after. But Lawrence and Woodburn did look good. Williams when he got into it in the second half did actually cause problems and at 24 isn't an old'un. Chester and Davies are young enough too. I would say Hennessy needs replacing, the guy is a liability.

We, as in Ireland, played the quintessential MO'N away game last night, and whilst I was nervous all evening that last near 40 mins was killer.

Watching as a neutral it didn't feel like Wales were going to score every ball lumped into the box was desperate and travelled a long distance and as good as Voakes is in the air the Irish defenders are still the favourites to win those balls they were really just hoping for the ball to drop to someone who could get a shot on the goal.

Wales should qualify for the next Euro's the groups are a bit more foregiving as I think you can finish 3rd and still get in through a playoff and all that team will be ready to go again the only one who looks to be showing his age a bit is Ashley Williams, Hennesey is one of those guys who's rubbish for his club but great for his country.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back