Vidic Agrees Long-Term Deal!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Scholesy18, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scholesy18

Scholesy18 Well-Known Member

Get in! Superb news, the world's best defender is staying at United!

2. Scholesy18

Fantastic!

Of course I never believed any of the rumours for 1 moment

I'm not sure it's a case of being surprised, I think it's more elation that we've tied down arguably the best defender in world football, and one who has been of crucial importance in our recent success. Personally, I didn't believe the stories linking him with a move, but with massive cash being splashed around these days, who knows?

It's 99% sure that Wazza will retire at this club, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be bouncing off the walla when he signs a new deal.

Of course, a slight note of caution in that signing a deal doesn't always guarantee a player remaining at the club, but feck it, it's still great news.

3. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

I don't think him signing a new contract has anything to do with money, if it was about money then i'm pretty sure he would have got a lot more elsewhere.

Interesting to hear Smalling say this.
    “I like to bring out the ball, like Rio does. But when I was at Maidstone, I had to grind out some games and Vidic is obviously one of the stand-out defenders, physically. Hopefully I’ve got that in my locker, too."
    A mix of Rio and Vida? Think he needs to build out a bit more before he's as physical as Vida, definitely got the aerial ability though. Threat at corners?

4. Scholesy18

By signing him to a long term deal that pays him more, United are trying to increase the defenders market value in hopes of getting more money from his impending sale.

I'm here all week. :p

5. Stretford End Arising

Stretford End Arising SEA

Official. Link to official site - bit.ly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.