Victor Lindelof signs new contract

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorts out any doubts about his future there were a few rumours over the summer nothing to believable.

I’m not 100% convinced by him still to vulnerable in the air especially long balls but happy to give him a bit of time to build a partnership with Maguire but think that weakness will always be exploited.

Not sure about this. I'm not completely sold on him and would like to see Axel get a chance soon. I do think Lindelof would be well suited to another league and could perhaps even take a step up to a team like Barca because the league is different.

Lindelof can’t be classed as deadwood he makes our starting 11 on merit.

Utd are building a new 4 man group of centre backs.

Lindelöf is currently number 2 in that group if they buy another and Axel develops he might end up being 3 or 4 by time we are done or he might kick on and become the number 1 who knows.

To me it's sensible to lock him down in his prime on what sounds like a fairly reasonable contract.

Continue the clear out next summer Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Smalling all need to be sold in the next 24 months (sooner the better with all of them) and hopefully find another quality one to join our group.

I really rate Lindeloff. I think him and Maguire make a double act.

He’s definitely not deadwood, he has his moments but I’m perfectly fine with him staying here. I think there is a real possibility than Tuanzebe will usurp him but we have to see how he develops in the first team. Lindelof does lack aerial strength but so does Axel to a degree. I think they are pretty well matched but I would say Axel is a little better in possession.

Lindeloff is quality on the ball, can pick out some great passes.

Utd have activated the 1 year option in his current deal keeps him under contract until June 2025

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back