Victor Lindelof | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Victor Lindelof's performances.

Premier League 2020/21: Manchester United 1-3 Crystal Palace - 19th September 2020

I hear he was poor?

He was very poor yesterday. I have never been a great fan. Centre halfs are normally big and commanding or a bit smaller and fast. If you are lucky you get both. Lindelof is neither. He gets bullied by big forwards like andy Carroll and can't cope with quick players. We need a centre half and to make him a squad player.

He was very poor yesterday. I have never been a great fan. Centre halfs are normally big and commanding or a bit smaller and fast. If you are lucky you get both. Lindelof is neither. He gets bullied by big forwards like andy Carroll and can't cope with quick players. We need a centre half and to make him a squad player.
He and Maguire just don't work as a partnership. They both lack the pace to cover for each other and both lack the pace in one on one situations. Both are good players in their own right. Maguire is a very good defender and I think Lindelof could be too. I could see him going to another good European side and doing well. But they need pace alongside them.

They are primarily the same player except Maguire is a couple of inches taller. Lindelof manages to make himself look smaller than he actually is. Apparently he is 6 foot 2 but looks about the same as jones who is under 6 foot. When we were 5 nil up in europe I advocated playing mengi alongside Maguire to see his development and if he complimented Maguire. We missed that opportunity.

I believe the phrase goes something like he can suck on a bag of ****s as far as I’m concerned.

Dreadful bullied once again by mid table strikers when asked to defend one vs one.

This partnership just isn’t going to succeed long term and I personally think Lindelof is the weaker link.

First day ring rust maybe like a lot of players he’s not usually this poor but yesterday was a reminder of what he’s like on a bad day.

This partnership just isn’t going to succeed long term and I personally think Lindelof is the weaker link.
Maguire won't be dropped anyway due to the price tag so really there's no decision for the club.

Maguire won't be dropped anyway due to the price tag so really there's no decision for the club.

He’s also the captain and I accept his form in recent months hasn’t been fantastic but we know he played a lot of last season injured taking pain killing injections to get through games.

I just think they are to similar players and of the two Maguire even playing on his weaker side still looks the better player.

I still think once everyone is fit and up to speed the defence will be ok this season but we know it has some weak links in it that eventually need addressing.

I just think they are to similar players and of the two Maguire even playing on his weaker side still looks the better player.

I still think once everyone is fit and up to speed the defence will be ok this season but we know it has some weak links in it that eventually need addressing
He's the better player I completely agree. Though I don't think there's a huge difference but yeah I'd say Maguire is better.

Not sure the defence is going to be OK though. Well no that's wrong, it will be ok but still flawed. It was ok last year, much improved on the year before but no better now.

He's the better player I completely agree. Though I don't think there's a huge difference but yeah I'd say Maguire is better.

Not sure the defence is going to be OK though. Well no that's wrong, it will be ok but still flawed. It was ok last year, much improved on the year before but no better now.

Agree but look at the other end created almost nothing against Palace a lucky break fell to VDB, Lindelof had a chance from a flick on, Greenwood header but very little created in open play again

Agree but look at the other end created almost nothing against Palace a lucky break fell to VDB, Lindelof had a chance from a flick on, Greenwood header but very little created in open play again
They definitely need to add to their attack but they probably need to look to do something in defence too.

Rashford has been poor since he came from injury, it's an issue creatively. I think I would consider dropping him.

Our defence does look poor, but it's records last year were pretty good, they do have a tendancy for a mistake accross all of them. I'll put this down to match rustiness

I don't see Maguire as the better player. Lets hope his Greek nightmare isn't affecting him.

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Not one mention from anybody on this forum. It seems some have an agenda against Victor. He had a good game last night, a solid contribution altogether.

You beat me to it @Shoot I missed the game so was wondering what the consensus was on him seems that Tuenzebe got the headlines

Victor had a good game as did Tuenzebe, but of course the latter will get more attention for his performance, that said I think he did get away with one, gave PSG a strong penalty claim.

Yeah I saw the incident didn't look enough for a penalty to me used his body well but a more fussy ref could have judged it a foul fair to say he took a chance.

Yeah I saw the incident didn't look enough for a penalty to me used his body well but a more fussy ref could have judged it a foul fair to say he took a chance.
It was the push with the hands that made me think he got away with it

Best game in a while let’s hope being dropped was the kick up the backside he needed in terms of form.

With Tuanzebe fit again there’s a threat for the starting spots so the starters need to stay on their toes.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal - 1st November 2020

Another good performance from him. One of our best players at the moment.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal - 1st November 2020

Another good performance from him. One of our best players at the moment.
Yeah can’t argue with that. Just everyone around him today was a crock!

He’s in a good run of form but that Saka chance first half was on him totally switched off and lost his man

Lindelof almost gifted them 2 goals. Not sure you could say he played well by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought lindelof played ok tbh. But it was him that lost saka really. Awb had somebody behind him that he was losing.

I thought it was AWB that lost Saka.

AWB had Aubameyang at the back post which as a full back is your area to mark. Lindelof looks and sees Saka in the centre behind him but doesn't cover it he had no one in front of him to mark so he should be stepping back to make sure the guy in the middle is marked instead he left him.

Sorry but a free header in the centre of your penalty area is down to your centre backs and if the cross comes from their right then it's your right sided centre back who's got to the be bossing the middle of the box as your left sided centre back will be covering the near post.

Premier League: Everton 1-3 Manchester United - 7th November 2020

Very weak on the first goal bullied by DCL but did improve after.

He had a better second half but his tendency to get bullied and his poor heading ability cost us too often. Simply isn't a premier League defender. I fully believe he would look a fantastic player in Spain.

He is struggling with back injury and we look much better with him than without him

Wait til you've seen the highlights on that one. His howler for the goal highlights what is a constant issue with him. And he has a couple of passing errors.

If he's struggling with a back injury he shouldn't be playing.

Just seen the goal, de gea should have saved it, other defender I assume AWB should have shown him the other way, another goal because of lots of errors.

I never see you in here calling all Maguire's errors, of which there are many.

You just have an agenda against him

Wait are you defending Lindelof for that? He's had an absolute mare.

I call out and player on their mistakes. Lindelof just makes so many of them. Lindelof didn't even challenge for it properly.

The fact you can't even criticise such a poor effort says I'm probably not the one with an agenda or tinted glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back