Varane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr C

Is he just due a new deal, or is there a real possibility he could be available?

Could end up with a mini French team

Googled Varane Contract his deal runs until 2022 signed September 17 so he might be after a renewal but only 2 years into a 5 year deal seems early but think that is how players work now since then he's won a world cup so maybe fancies a pay rise.

By all accounts he's had a dodgy season maybe feels Madrid's time at the top is over and fancies something new or maybe it's just another nonsense story to fill a slow news day during an international week my guess is it's the later. I know Madrid need to sell some players to fund the plans for the summer but selling your starters who are in their prime isn't how you do it.

Would be amazed if we pulled this off, I really rate Varane and would argue he is the most sought after young defender in the world.

But would he and Lindelof work together ?

Would be amazed if we pulled this off, I really rate Varane and would argue he is the most sought after young defender in the world.

But would he and Lindelof work together ?

He's obviously a quality player but look at the number of games he plays every season.

Madrid must average 60 plus games a season given how far they go in Europe every year and nearly every year he's only playing 40. Why is this happening?

You can't pay premium players for guys who miss 20 games a season with injury that for me is the question mark over Varane as like you say when you see him play he's class but the real class players don't miss games.

I just looked at his medical history,

His recent history isn't that bad. But yeah, he does pick up a few knocks.

I think he woud be great with Lindeloff, and a real leader at the back. But if he does decide he wants to leave he could pick a club, everyone will want him.

That's the thing he's not missing months of the season at a time but he's picking up 2 or 3 injuries every season that all add up to the equivalent of a bad injury. For the price you'd have to pay I'd want a guy who's basically bullet proof who will be there for 50 plus games a season unless someone breaks his leg not another centre back who's only there 70% of the time because we already have plenty of those.

Haven’t watched closely but his form has been rotten since the lockdown.

I think the ships sailed with him as an option for Utd same with Koulibaly both hitting their late 20s now think the clubs are looking to cash in on them and the players probably want big contracts.

Utd have got to be looking for the next Varane.

Yeah at the end of the season he will be 28 been playing first team football for 10 years. Shame we missed out on him 10 years ago Utd were in for him when he was at Lens but he decided to go to Madrid instead.

It would all depend on the terms if Madrid want top dollar and he wants top wages I don’t think we should go for him.

Contract is up in 18 months this story has the usual whiff of linked to Utd but signs a new contract.

£50m bid made has been reported. Been rejected. Madrid want £80m.

Throw £80m at PSG and see if Marquinhos is available for that amount of money.

He's got 1 year left how can they demand £80m.

I think he'll sign a new deal at Madrid now Ramos is out the door they need to keep him.

Unless their plan is sell Varane to pay for Torres or Kounde.

£80m is a silly price for him.

We aren’t paying £80m for him surely? £50m for a guy out of contract next year is very generous indeed. Would love to see him alongside Maguire but for £80m nope. We could get someone in younger and cheaper like Torres or Kounde.

If they insist on £80m then we should be like bye and good luck shifting him for that price.

It is steep, but only because of his one year, what would we ask for Pogba?

He's only 28

yes but at 28 you sign a 4 or 5 year deal as a club you are very unlikely to see a financial return on that investment at that age he's an asset that depreciates rapidly so the price has to reflect that.

I mean if we were trying to seel Pogba this summer we'd do well to get anything above £50m for him.

Varane will also be expecting huge wages.

It's the same craic with this guy every summer it's all rumour and he'll stay at Madrid because they always stay at Madrid.

I come out of prison to see all this transfers gossip and negotiation news only for us to sign a couple freebies by deadline day you wait,makes me wanna go back

Madrid have opened up contract talks. So we can move on from this.

I think he's going to stay to be honest. Real are letting Ramos go so I think they will want to do what they can to keep Varane.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope this signing comes off, been wanting it for years.

Still don't see it happening though, although rumour is he is really pee'd off with how Madrid have gone about the new deal and wants out.

Plus as the twitter thing says, Madrid need money for Mbappe.

Why do Madrid need money for Mbappe if his contract expires next summer? If he signs a new deal at PSG unless he's got a release clause in it he's going absolutely nowhere next summer.

If they sell Varane they'll need to spend that money on a new centre back with Ramos gone as well.

I like Varane great player but the worry for me is why is he joining Utd? Does he actually want to come here and help us win big titles or is he just chasing the big money contract.

Big worry are we buying a player who's best years are now behind him and he's about to take a slide.

he's only 28 which is young for a CB. He is fed up with Madrid because of they way they have conducted themselves over his contract. Basically talking to everyone bar him.

If he was chasing money he'll go to PSG

I don' think we'll get him but I'd be pleased if we did.

They want Mbappe this summer, and want money, for any signings that club need to sell.

But, with Madrid and their players, I don't believe anything, I still expect Ramos to turn out for them next year :D

True but not every player goes long into their 30's he made his breakthrough at 18 so he's got 10/11 seasons under his belt now we've seen with some of our players there can be drop offs at that age.

Madrid are skint that's why and he's probably asking for big wages but Madrid have made a rod for their own back though if they're paying Alaba £400k a week on a bosman if I'm Varane I want the same dollar when I've done 10 years service at the club. If they're offering my a lot less than that I'm probably taking it very personally.

All I'm saying with Varane is make sure we've done our homework on him properly don't just go for the big name obvious option like we've done in the past this is kind of how we got stuck with Di Maria. Madrid wanted him out he came to Utd because we were the only club bidding for him but he never wanted to be here and within 12 months he was off to PSG we can't afford to be burned like that again.

£45-50m i think is a fair price and he is the best out there avaliable right now
We should be all over it but i sense that there really is no money in the coffers ,the greedy leeches have taken it all

Would be huge if true but I'm always sceptical about these sort of deals until they go through as we've been "close" to players of this standing so many times.

I swear if he joins, his good bud Pogba signs a new deal too.

I swear if he joins, his good bud Pogba signs a new deal too.

Is he actually mates with Varane?

Whenever I see him messing about on international duties he's normally hanging out with Griezmann.

Signing players like Sancho and Varane should make him think Utd are serious about winning again as they're two big statement signings

They're all French and buddies, just ask Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back