Varane

Mr C

Is he just due a new deal, or is there a real possibility he could be available?

Could end up with a mini French team

jsp

Googled Varane Contract his deal runs until 2022 signed September 17 so he might be after a renewal but only 2 years into a 5 year deal seems early but think that is how players work now since then he's won a world cup so maybe fancies a pay rise.

By all accounts he's had a dodgy season maybe feels Madrid's time at the top is over and fancies something new or maybe it's just another nonsense story to fill a slow news day during an international week my guess is it's the later. I know Madrid need to sell some players to fund the plans for the summer but selling your starters who are in their prime isn't how you do it.

Ben Townsend

Would be amazed if we pulled this off, I really rate Varane and would argue he is the most sought after young defender in the world.

But would he and Lindelof work together ?

jsp

Would be amazed if we pulled this off, I really rate Varane and would argue he is the most sought after young defender in the world.

But would he and Lindelof work together ?
He's obviously a quality player but look at the number of games he plays every season.

Madrid must average 60 plus games a season given how far they go in Europe every year and nearly every year he's only playing 40. Why is this happening?

You can't pay premium players for guys who miss 20 games a season with injury that for me is the question mark over Varane as like you say when you see him play he's class but the real class players don't miss games.

Mr C

I just looked at his medical history,

His recent history isn't that bad. But yeah, he does pick up a few knocks.

I think he woud be great with Lindeloff, and a real leader at the back. But if he does decide he wants to leave he could pick a club, everyone will want him.

jsp

That's the thing he's not missing months of the season at a time but he's picking up 2 or 3 injuries every season that all add up to the equivalent of a bad injury. For the price you'd have to pay I'd want a guy who's basically bullet proof who will be there for 50 plus games a season unless someone breaks his leg not another centre back who's only there 70% of the time because we already have plenty of those.