Van Gaal's tactics left players close to mutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting read...

Not sure about some of what is said about the emails and tracking how long they are opened for though?

But yeah I can well believe that there was an issue in the dressing room. That a lot of players hated playing under LVG. He rules with an iron fist and it's his way or the high way. It's been quite clear over time if you are a creative player who wants to play that way and won't do as you are told you will be cast out!

I can only imagine how Young reacted to being told he was going to be a back up centre forward! The guy who last season filled in so ably as full back / wing back? The guy who's played his career as a winger maybe number 10? Now asked to play with his back to goal? Laying off passes and then getting on the of things? Whilst an actual striker fills his position on the wing? Right yeah OK then...

We know Carrick and Rooney went to LVG earlier this season to voice their concerns. That much is fact as LVG said as much. But I don't know where some of these other stories come from?

But yeah I can believe that players grew very frustrated at LVGs preferential treatment of some. Schweinsteiger seemed to escape criticism early in the season despite being pretty average. Rooney was awful before Christmas but not once was he criticised. And Fellaini who in my view offered nothing was definitely a favourite because he followed instructions.

LVG made some things better. And maybe the team is in a better place than when he took over. But I bet they are all glad to see him go.

Makes you wonder why he signed Memphis if he likes to be so rigid.

Because I'm not sure LVG was calling the shots? And it'll be an interesting dynamic with Jose and Ed! Ed gets an idea who he wants and goes after them... I think he saw Memphis, saw the interest and reacted. Now I'm not saying LVG didn't want him but I'm not sure given complete power that LVG would have signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back