UTD's Set-piece goal tally 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalegute

Have been looking for statistics on the numbers of goals we have scored from corners and free kicks the last seasons. Can't find it anywhere.
Wanted this to be able to compare this years season. I believe we scored lots more goals from free kicks and corners the three
PL-winning season. We used to be a bug threat from corners with both Vidic, Rio and ronaldo being really good headers. What happend?

Could this be some of the reason for not winning PL this year?

I have some stats from january this year. We had score 2 goals from corners. That is one goal pr 116min or one every 16th game. Not much to brag about..

I think this might have more to do with Nani's inability to beat the first man than lack of corner tactics.

As I said. It comes down to delivery, injuries in defense and partly the sale of ronaldo. He was a read good header of the ball.
But in general i think the problem is delivery..

A top side should take advantage of the greater possesion and therefore more set-pieces and corners. After ronaldo left we lost a threat from freekicks and the headed goals from corners. We should at least have 8-10 goals from corners each seaons.

If that Vidic header from the corner had gone in in Munich, Arghhhhhh !!!!

Probably a bit down to luck as well. I think we've hit the bar a few times this season from corners. Very unlucky this...last season excluding own goals. haha.

ooo tough call. The lack of big game goals scored by Own goal means that the beach ball takes that one. It was tight though.

Rooney's biggest challengers for the award this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back