United's record against Top Six 2017/18

Sideshow Bob

16 points from 9 games. Only City have a better record with 21 points.

Wins
Tottenham (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)
Liverpool (h)
City (a)

Draws
Liverpool (a)

Lost
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Spurs (a)

We've beaten everyone at least once in the league this season. Can't remember the last time we did that.

The record has been good this season lots of close games we haven't really had a statement win that has sent a message to the opposition that we are the real deal.

The league record this season is so much better than last year and it's something the media are giving us almost no credit for.

Sometimes it feels like the media only bring out these irrelevant stats to use it as a stick to beat us with. Last season it was all about how poor we were against top 6 opposition. This year it’s the style of football we play against top 6. Next year it will be something else.

A good few of those games we somehow pulled a result out when I didn't think we really deserved it or we shouldn't really have won eg City away and Spurs at home which has been the story of our season. Even Arsenal at the weekend I couldn't really say we deserved the win. Like @jsp says there was no statement win to worry really. There is an argument in that you have to win like that to become champions or whatever but I feel we pulled so many results out the bag this season, scraped them over the line that we could easily have been down there with Arsenal in 6th. But with a slightly better playing style, not this Mourinho keep it tight and nick a goal crap, we could actually be closer to City. That's how f**ked up our season has been.

That's the mentality of the manager, he's a winner, he knows how to win those tight games he has done it throughout his career.

If he won the league and the CL the style would soon be forgotten. But I do think this years style has been driven by the players at his disposal. I think next season will be a be a bit different. I think he wants us to play like we did in Aug/Sept but it turned out we didn't have the players to sustain that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back