United win the Europa League!

Back in the Champions League and that's what tonight was all about. That and giving Manchester a bit of a feel good factor after the events of the last few days.

Well done boys.

Boy I haven't seen mourinho this happy since spoiling the scousers chances at winning the league.

DAnsoBAWAAEWtoe.jpg

Fabulous tie - we really schooled Ajax. They are talented but we had the experience and know-how. So glad. The season is now a 8/10 for me - the missing trophy, back in the CL and ending strong! Also think this will help Jose regain the mojo he lost by getting sacked last year s here's hoping we use it as a springboard like the 2006 league cup!

This win can never rease hearts over the travesty of the terrorist bombing yesterday but it may put a smile on a few faces for a couple hours.

Credit to the gaffer. Lord knows I gave him hell all season. Now that it's all over, I'm pleased with the trophy haul. Relieved that mourinho's coaching pedigree is re-surfacing, doubly relieved that he is bringing a winning mentality back to the club. Definitely did enough to start earning my trust. Now it's time to raise the levels.

Huge win for the city of Manchester.

Excellent result. It meant a lot to the whole team. It has been a strange season. I thought this might have been a game too far with this weeks events. They did the club, City and Country proud. Well done.

Fantastic! In the end it felt too easy. Ajax froze or we didn't let them play?

Pogba was excellent, as was Fellaini.

I think the tactics were spot on by Jose and we didn't really give Ajax a sniff. They may have had lots of possession but they very rarely threatened to hurt us. It was a final masterclass.

You can tell that Ajax have very good player but perhaps the lack of experienced showed. I can see why Sanchez and De Ligt are rated so highly, Sanchez in particular was terrific, if we want a defender next season then he wouldn't be a bad shout. He is only 20 but looks mature beyond his years.

Fellaini and Pogba were the standouts. I thought it was one of Fellaini's best games for us and Pogba looked a class above. Overall a fantastic feeling to have another trophy, three in 12 months, not bad at all! :D

Absolutely buzzing today. A return to the champions league.

Here's what I put on FB last night and I still agree with it.

'We've won two poor trophies but they're trophies in the bag. If you'd offered this at the start of the season I'd have turned it down as being so far off of the pace was unacceptable. But two cups and direct entrance in to the champions league group stages means only Chelsea can say they've had a better season than us now. I'd take our cups over finishing second and putting the pressure on.'

Forget the champions league celebrate the glory of winning a trophy.

Football is about the pursuit of glory not £'s.

Winning a European title that we've never won before should be what's being celebrated not the fact it gets us into the champions league via the back door.

Can't say I enjoyed watching the game but so happy that we won it but I hope we try to compete with a little bit more flair next season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back