Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't believe my eyes. Have we actually signed a benefica player? The Portuguese press is right about a United signing?? End of the world right there.
More seriously this could turn out a good signing for us. He looks good on the ball and a pretty steady player.

Welcome (almost) to Manchester Lindelof. To be honest I really don't know much about this guy but I know we've had interest since at least January and I've read good things. The fact that he's good on the ball is definitely something we needed to add because the best pairing has been Bailly and Blind. Though of course question marks remain over Blind's defensive ability against some of the top strikers.

Can't believe my eyes. Have we actually signed a benefica player? The Portuguese press is right about a United signing?? End of the world right there.
More seriously this could turn out a good signing for us. He looks good on the ball and a pretty steady player.

Have Benfica gone next level and hacked our website? Haha

Haven't seen anything of him but I trust Mourinho to sign defenders that is his area of expertise.

Guess this means one of Jones or Smalling will be leaving this summer.

If Rojo can play at the level he was at before his injury again when he's fit we've got a great collection of CBs.

Welcome (almost) to Manchester Lindelof. To be honest I really don't know much about this guy but I know we've had interest since at least January and I've read good things. The fact that he's good on the ball is definitely something we needed to add because the best pairing has been Bailly and Blind. Though of course question marks remain over Blind's defensive ability against some of the top strikers.

Blind's versatility makes him useful as a squad player but he's a strange CB as he seems to play well against good and bad strikers but every now and again he just has a complete nightmare performance.

Bailly
Lindelof
Rojo
Smalling/Jones
Blind

That's pretty decent centre back options but means likes of Fosu-Mensah & Tuenzebe probably need to go on loan unless both Smalling & Jones are going.

Never seen him play but 100% trust Mourinho on signings. Looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully he and Bailly can strike up a Rio-Vidic esque partnership.

We've been teased so many times in the past about Benfica signings but finally we have one through. I've got to be honest I've only seen him a few times, mainly for Sweden and then if I remember correctly he was being utilised at right back, however he looks a big strong lad and very decent on the ball, so yeah good signing for me.

One or Jones or Smalling will go I think. If someone slams an offer on the table and it's attractive then I can't see Jose saying no. Bailly, Lindelof and Rojo are going to be our three best centre backs and then we just need another one and our youngsters. As said before Blind can be a back up option too.

Wasn't sure this would happen after it didn't happen in January, seemed like a done deal early on in January but didn't happen so assumed I'd been duped by the Portuguese media again.

Wasn't sure this would happen after it didn't happen in January, seemed like a done deal early on in January but didn't happen so assumed I'd been duped by the Portuguese media again.

We've been hurt by the Portuguese many times in he past, can understand the scepticism!

Looks like he's travelling in today for his medical so perhaps by the end of the day we will see our first new signing paraded at Old Trafford.

If at the start of the summer we said

CB
CM
ST

As our main 3 needs there is one of them covered. Unfortunately I don't know much about him. I never took this transfer seriously as ever going through because of where the links were coming from.

Urggghhh he's a CB why give him No. 2 that's the preserve of RB's over here!

I think you can get away with 2 as a CB the one that always wound me up was Sagna wearing 3 at RB that's just rubbing it in peoples faces.

TNNE - The Standard Liege GK Ochoa has just taken the number 8 shirt. How's that make ya feel?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back