United sign Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great stuff! Finally this one has moved on! Mind you it's interesting that the club have confirmed this when Jose said he wouldn't talk about it until after the game.

That United social media post was very exciting to see! And the fact the picture was #pogback - it was pure entertainment!

Guess it'll happen on Tuesday, with the medical on Monday and everything sorted by Tuesday! I wouldn't say he is the last piece of the jigsaw because I do feel we are still a little weak in certain positions. However, he is world class and will only get better.

That United social media post was very exciting to see! And the fact the picture was #pogback - it was pure entertainment!

Guess it'll happen on Tuesday, with the medical on Monday and everything sorted by Tuesday! I wouldn't say he is the last piece of the jigsaw because I do feel we are still a little weak in certain positions. However, he is world class and will only get better.

He definitely massively improves the team and adds to the midfield which was needed but yeah I agree more is needed. A true out and out winger is needed really who goes past people. Maybe a winger that isn't always looking to come inside on his stronger foot.

Not the final piece of jigsaw, I think we're in the final stages of what has been a long transition period though. Still a fair bit to do over this season and going into next, in terms of personnel I think we're OK but certain things need ironing out and hopefully Mourinho can do that.

Not the final piece of jigsaw, I think we're in the final stages of what has been a long transition period though. Still a fair bit to do over this season and going into next, in terms of personnel I think we're OK but certain things need ironing out and hopefully Mourinho can do that.

There's still a few players around who won't be in a year or so... And in turn there will be further additions needed. But players like Memphis will get a chance to prove themselves to Jose. If they can do that then there isn't the need to keep going out and spending big.

There it is then! Finally it's time to get real excited and think this deal is absolutely a go!!!

Pogba arriving for his medial.

CpVXbbQWAAEChND.jpg

Haha love it!!! I've just read that this medical could take a couple of days?! Huh? Come again... Why so long? Don't they usually take half a day or so...

So here's the next question... If it takes until say Wednesday to wrap the deal up does he make the squad for the opening weekend?! He would be announced in time I'm sure but would Jose pick him in the squad? Or do we think it's more likely he gives him time to settle back in to life at the club and get his stuff sorted from Italy?

Yeah I'd think they'd give him this weekend to get himself settled, get things sorted in Italy and then play him the following weekend but we shall see I guess...

United sign Pogba - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Paul Pogba has completed his transfer from Italian club Juventus. Paul joins on a five-year contract, with the option to extend for a further year.

Paul, 23, has been with Juventus for four seasons, making 124 appearances and scoring 28 goals. He joined the Bianconeri from United in 2012.

The midfielder has been capped by France on 38 occasions, scoring 6 goals and was a member of the recent squad that reached the final of Euro 2016.

Paul Pogba said:

“I am delighted to rejoin United. It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with José Mourinho. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends. But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford. I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.”

José Mourinho said:

“Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is. At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.”

Great news to wake up to! I was already excited for this season... I already felt like some of my passion had returned to the club and now I'm really excited. He will be a lot of fun to watch and what a great transfer window we have had!

He looks really happy to be back. Really chuffed that he came back as he seen it as unfinished business. @Lawtop20 on twitter said 1 month ago that was the reason he was coming back.

That's a pretty awesome sight it has to be said! And with us having signed the deal so early in the week I think this gives him a great chance to be involved in some way on Sunday? Though I don't think he'll start as he's only just returning to training... But he does seem to keep himself in really good shape so who knows.

The most exciting signing for a long time and he seems genuinely excited to be back at his former club. He is saying all the right things and I really can't wait to see him on the football field and playing again for us.

According to the press we only paid the £89million. Out of that came Raiolas fee, a few million to 3 little teams he played for prior to us, and apparently Juve have to pay £4.5 million for an house in England for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back