Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Eric Bertrand Bailly has completed his transfer from Villarreal CF, subject to successfully obtaining a work permit. Eric joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further two years.

Bailly, 22, made 47 appearances for Villarreal since joining on 29 January 2015. The Ivory Coast central defender has made 15 appearances for his country and was part of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations-winning team, having appeared in all six matches during the competition.

Bailly said: "It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.

"I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life."

Mourinho said: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

"We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfil his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jose getting deals done quickly then! I like that because too often we hear managers talking the talk but not walking the walk.

You hear them say they are after people but then it comes to nothing. Jose is getting in there and not messing about which is good. I'll be interested to see who else he looks to bring in!

Third consecutive summer where transfers have been done early in the window.

Summer 2015: Depay, Darmian, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin were announced prior to the pre-season tour, and Romero was announced during the tour.

Summer 2014: Herrera and Shaw were announced in June prior to the World Cup.

So can we take from that Jose plans on playing him at CB? And hopefully dispel these rumors of him being played at RB... Certainly seems that way but of course gives us an option if Darmian or TFM were injured.

New #6?
5BB02F90F33E459180B36B0B44F8D0B7.ashx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back