United shelve plans to sign a left back thanks to emergence of Brandon Williams

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Assumed by giving Shaw a massive new contract any plans for LB were relatively low down the list anyway.

I'd happily cash in on Shaw and buy a replacement but we're stuck with him now sick of him never being fit and even when he's fit he's pretty average.

I think I would cash in on Shaw if anone was interested too.

I also think it's way to early to declare problem solved with Williams he's showed some early promise but there's still a lot of improvements to be made for him to become a top quality left back.

If someone does want Shaw we definitely need a replacement.

We need a better LB, but what we have is ok for now, other areas more important.

I was jsut saying if someone wanted Shaw, I think we could do better.

Well hopefully the return of Shaw along with the emergence of Williams mean we won't be seeing much Ashley Young over the next few months.

It's off topic but the club need to make a call on Dalot we should see Laird tonight who's getting rave reviews in the young teams and with AWB already in place for me the club need to think about moving him on. His career has gone nowhere since he came in due to injuries that lad needs to be playing football every week next season. He's crying out for a loan move.

I would try Dalot on the right myself, no harm.

I think when we're playing wing backs and trying to be attacking you might be better off playing him than Wan Bissaka as hes a lot better going forward but I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be front 3 player.

The biggest problem he has is staying fit he's been here nearly 18 months and he arrived injured, hasn't managed to stay fit for more than a few weeks and looks incapable of lasting 90 minutes which is a problem he always look shattered after 70 minutes. Now you need to be almost super human to play full back in modern football but he needs to develop those energy reserves if he wants to make it at the top level.

I just look at it him and see a fairly average academy player not a £20m wonder kid which is what he was sold to us as being this kid was supposed to be the next hot thing out of Portugal which is a fantastic producer of players but I think he moved to quickly he should have stayed at Porto and actually played some football. Mourinho clearly wanted a ready made right back not a kid and one of the first things Ole did was buy someone for his position.

He's kind of flying under the radar a bit of dud buys in recent years

Unpopular opinion. I’m not sure of AWB as a top 4 player. He’s fantastic defending but top class full backs now days have to be attacking players too and I don’t rate him going forwards at all. Hopefully he’ll improve but he makes some weird choices. For example cutting back on to his left foot a few time’s on Sunday to cross the ball. What’s he doing that for?

I think he's actually ok going forward he's not Alexander-Arnold or Trippier levels of quality in terms of delivery but I think he's similar to Walker we just don't really have forwards who attack the ball in the box so they won't make the most of a percentage ball which you sometimes have to put in as a wide player.

There is a lot of room for improvement in AWB going forward but I think in a team that's a bit more of a well oiled machine going forward I think he'd be fine.

Shaw looks like he’s unable to keep in shape when he’s out injured and judging by the amount of time he is out, he’ll never stay in optimal shape. It was understandable he was rusty last night but for now Williams has to start ahead of him. I would rather see Williams start and make the odd mistake and learn than watch Shaw or Young coast through games.

The games are coming thick and fast over the next few months so Shaw will be required we've got the derby next weekend will be interesting to see who Ole picks in that game.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back