United looking for a striker?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmm Cavani on a free could be the best bit of shrewd business but then again it has the potential to be Falcao mark 2.

Would absolutely take Jovic on loan, we are missing that aerial threat upfront. Telles is supposed to be an awesome crosser so he can supply the ammunition for him.

Seems like we are slightly hitting the panic button though if these reports are to be believed. Should have been sorted a while ago.

Cavani would be on mega wages but he still seemed to contribute at PSG last season they loved him and like Zlatan he's looked after himself well so should be able to handle the rough and tumble premier league.

Could be what we need as a short term patch up great competition for Martial and something we don't have which is a physical presence up top.

Not sure on Jovic bringing in a player who's been drained of confidence after a bad moves seems a recipe for disaster.

AS Dembele, why would Ole want an ageing striker with a terrible injury record, a bad attitude (I'm a superstar wise!) who would want crazy money. Not gonna happen.

yeah, go for Jiminez who has proven he can do it in the prem.

£50m for Jiminez plus a 4 year deal on what £10m a year plus agents fees etc that's £100m over 4 years.

£0m for Cavani a 1+1 deal maybe on £12-15m a year plus agent fees etc that's £20m over 1 year.

I don't think Cavani has any attitude issues he's a model pro but injuries apparently have become a problem over last 2 seasons.

Think used smartly he's a massive upgrade on Ighalo as the backup striker and even at his age might still be better as the number 9 that Martial is.

I like Jiminez but just don't think the numbers really add up with him.

Short term plugs a gap as long as his demands aren’t crazy and Ole thinks he’s coming for the right reasons then I’m ok with this.

The attack needs some experience he’s 33 but he’d give the squad much needed depth and a penalty box presence.

Says two year deal. Medical on Sunday.

Would be a good signing as a free agent. No risk and he could potentially be awesome. Sure he’s 33 but he still looks as fit as a fiddle, although I guess he did have injury issues last season. Hope it goes through. Sancho needs someone to cross to as well.

IF we get Sancho then this would be good business for our attacking sense , it’s definitely needed when you look at the fixtures.

If this is true, it's a huge mistake for me, desperation. We keep hearing about Ole's vision for the club, the type of player he wants, and this isn't it

Apparently the wages are in the structure, not like Sanchez. Still reeks of desperation to me, this is the best our scouting dept can come up.

If this is true, it's a huge mistake for me, desperation. We keep hearing about Ole's vision for the club, the type of player he wants, and this isn't it
It’s a short term signing to plug a gap in the squad, Ighalo is a trier but to have someone of Cavani’s quality coming on or starting games is a better bet than him.

I hear the wages aren’t insane like Sanchez’s so for me it’s a punt worth taking. Like I said before he has had his injury problems but if he’s injury free he knows where the goal is. Plus gives us a different option.

It's a backward step similar to one's our previous 3 managers made. We need to take a serious look at our scouting dept.

Chelsea tried getting in these old players too

As long as it's an addition to a right flank player not instead of then it's a decent enough move. Oles vision only works if the glazers are prepared to spend the money.

It's a backward step similar to one's our previous 3 managers made. We need to take a serious look at our scouting dept.

Chelsea tried getting in these old players too
On the other flip of the dice, we’ve brought in players of similar age in the past and they’ve worked. Sheringham, Larsson, Ibra etc.

Not saying it’s going to be a roaring success but it gives us a better option up top and we needed to beef up the squad with quality.

I think the desperation level will depend on if we manage to push through a decent right flank player or not. If we do the cavani looks like a quality back up at centre forward. If we don't it just doesn't look enough.

I think the desperation level will depend on if we manage to push through a decent right flank player or not. If we do the cavani looks like a quality back up at centre forward. If we don't it just doesn't look enough.
Oh yeah definitely, it it’s come to tomorrow and we’ve only signed Cavani and VDB then it’ll be a desperately disappointing window. Hopefully we can get another couple over the line. Pellestri is a right winger but is onto 18 so can’t expect him to come in and tear it up right away.

Although if we really want Sarr from Watford then we have until the 16th I think.

It's left me kinda deflated. Went into this transfer window more positive than probably ever before and if we don't sign a good right flank player will leave it more deflated than ever before

It's a day before transfer deadline and this is it. It's desperate. Most in here were slagging Mata off because he's old on 100 grand a week. This bloke is older and will have larger wages and no prem experience.
I don't see this as positive in any way at all. Disappointing, frustrating, lame.
Falcao, Higuain, shevchenko, moratta etc etc

Ibra had played for Jose before and came into a side that was all over the place, he was a boost. This team is meant to be growing for the future

I did like Larrson but I'm not sure he was a success. Teddy had prem experience

I will be so pissed off this happens, it's a step back and a nail in Ole's coffin for me. Probably one of the most disappointing signings in my years of support.

I hope it's BS trying to force Dortmund's hand

I don't particularly cavani itself is particularly disappointing. We need to put aside that he will be a regular starter and think more along the lines of a good back up and upgrade on ighalo. It's the rest of the business, or lack of it, that I am more concerned about

Like I said, Mata gets slagged for 100 grand a week on the bench, this guy will be 200 plus. Is this really the best we could come up with. Awful business

Like I said, Mata gets slagged for 100 grand a week on the bench, this guy will be 200 plus. Is this really the best we could come up with. Awful business
Obviously on paper it looks a little desperate but if he comes good then sure the negativity will all be unforgotten.

The only worry I have really is that it’ll take him a while to get his fitness up, a lot like Bale at Spurs. So it could be a little while before we actually see him.

Short term signings can be fine if you have done your research.

Utd need competition for Martial a short term commitment to Cavani is sensible if you think in 12 months you are going for Haaland if Martial doesn’t step up to being world class. Not really been obvious striker choices on the market this summer.

There obviously has to be risk considered he has had a few injuries in recent seasons but Utd aren’t going to expect him to play 50 games this season.

It’s not the perfect signing but from what is out there it makes sense.

You said Mata was too old, too expensive and should be sold

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back