United interested in Shay Given

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishManc.

The Sunday Mirror is reporting today that SAF may be considering a move for Shay Given in January. The move wouldn't be straightforward as City want Given to sign a new contract and obviously the fact that they would hardly want to sell to their main rivals. However evry player has a price so a move shouldn't be ruled out.

For me Given is the best keeper in the premiership. Every Ireland fan will tell you what an outstanding keeper he is. Trapattoni rates him as the best keeper he has ever worked with and that says a lot. Of all the keepers we have been linked with - De Gea, Lloris, Steklenburg,Frey, Akinfeev, Neuer etc - none of them have really convinced me. Maybe only Akinfeev and De Gea but the rest I wouldn't trust. Personally we shouldn't look any further that Given. He would be a cheaper option, wouldn't need time to settle and we would get at least 6 or 7 good years out of him. It's a no-brainer.

Good keeper, not the sort of keeper we need in my opinion.

Personally don't think he's good at dealing with crosses and he's not very good at organising the defence. Brilliant shot stopper though.

If he was good enough, he would be starting for Shitty or Arsenal would have bought him. I'm not saying he's shit, not saying that at all, he is a very good Goalkeeper but we require someone that bit better.

i thinik Given would be a brilliant choice, very underrated, solid GK and has lots of experience... would be a great replacement for VDS

isn't Adler supposed to be a better prospect?
btw Munich GK Michael Rensing is a free agent, thought he was supposed to be a huge prospect, Oliver Khan Heir??

Rensing's contract was terminated. He couldn't get in a side ahead of Hans Jorg Butt who isn't that good really.

Adler may be better than Neuer and was set to be Germany's #1 at the WC this summer until he got injured. Neuer's contract is running out though and will probably be the cheaper option. I'd take either of them to be honest. I'd prefer Neuer though as he's bigger.

Seem to be more interested in this Lindegaard lad and De Gea at the moment. Both big keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back