United have created fewer chances this season than Southampton

Sideshow Bob

United's worst start to a season in 28 years.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not to state obvious facts, but we were really poor today, extremely bad to watch and Palace missed a few big chances today - lucky to get a point imo ....

I’ve seen Mourinho has criticised players for playing like robots and showing no heart or desire to win today.

Could easily be a partially fair criticism. However the players could criticise Jose perfectly fairly. He needed to stop criticising them and start coaching them some time ago. It has little effect now.

And Southampton fans are calling for Hughes head yet some criticise us when we call for Jose's head? Complete clown the guy needs to go.

There's just no excuse for the dreadful football on show and if the players aren't ar*ed then I think that the manager has to take some blame for the culture that's been created. These weren't players known for being that way at other clubs these guys came in with big reputations it's clear that Utd has sucked the life from them.

Watching our build up play is dreadful it's so slow coming out from the back once the ball is recovered that it's easy for teams to get back into shape and when it goes into the attack the movement off the ball is really poor no one knows where their team mate is going to run so they can't play quick passes.

We work the ball wide but then don't really pack the box with attacking players when the ball is ready to come in and the quality from wide areas is often really poor hopeful crosses rather than clever pull backs.

Pogba had an off day and when he has an off day the team creates almost nothing we need guys who can step up in his absence our entire attack shouldn't be based on 1 guy having a good game.

You might think I'm mad but I actually think Lukaku is the best crosser of the ball we actually have...he's got to be good at something lol.

Only prob is he needs to be on the end of the crosses not making them.

Lukaku crossing to 5’8’’ Sanchez is actually comical. But you’re right he is our best crosser of a ball.

(That was a complete guess at his height and a random height don’t abuse me if he’s actually taller)

Lukaku does put in a decent cross and for a fairly small guy Sanchez has a good leap and timing so he's actually pretty good in the air when it comes to finishing off crosses bit like Owen and Rooney but they're not going to dominate in the air on a long ball.

Wow look at that, a solution to the right forward position. Switch Lukaku out wide right, Sanchez up front. Voila!

To be fair I actually dont like these wide players that cut in all the time. I prefer out and out wingers who beat a man and whip a cross in. I'd have one of those either wing, with the Donkey up front who would bang away most of the crosses all day long, which is actually his strength. We just dont use him to his strength which is ridiculous. We also have too many fancy dans that like to cut in.

It's ridiculous we still don't have a player comfortable playing down the right. How long have we needed one for? Who played down the right in LVG's first season when he moved Valencia to RB? Just had a look. I completely forgot about the Di Maria saga for a moment. So 3 years later and we still don't have a RW that was evidently needed when we signed Di Maria.

Indeed! If you ask me we are in the same situation today as the day Moyes got sacked. Team is all over the place.

To be honest the actual solution on the right has to be either Valencia or Young playing there and looking to get crosses into Lukaku at least give us width on one side of the pitch or play Dalot but that means exposing the defence or just play Darmian there with one of the old boys ahead of him.

Lukaku just needs to be put on an intense training programme the guy looks at least a stone heavier than he was when he joined he looks like he's put some timber on and he needs to shift it.

To be honest the actual solution on the right has to be either Valencia or Young playing there and looking to get crosses into Lukaku at least give us width on one side of the pitch or play Dalot but that means exposing the defence or just play Darmian there with one of the old boys ahead of him.

Lukaku just needs to be put on an intense training programme the guy looks at least a stone heavier than he was when he joined he looks like he's put some timber on and he needs to shift it.

Isn't that what we have been doing with Valencia and Young, just not very successfully, Young being the slightly better option. To me Dalot needs to be playing at least every other game on the right to get him up to speed/see if he is actually good enough.

I think Lukaku HAS already been on an intense training course lol, he probably is a stone heavier but I think its muscle not flab, he aint no Rooney in that department lol. He needs to lose some of that bulk for sure but its still not gonna improve his first touch. How can a player get so far in professional football with a first touch like that?

Think JSP means Valencia or Young in midfield not as full backs as they don’t have the legs for it

Ah yes fair enough. Defo Young there, Valencia has forgotten how to cross a ball.

Dalot to play full back behind. Makes more sense!

Yeah play the actual right backs at right back and play the wingers on the wing it’s madness I know but it might just work.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back