United & Chelsea look out, here come Mancini's Galacticos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: United & Chelsea look out, here come Mancini's Galactico

Chelsea were a half decent team before the cash arrived, City weren't, they were a yo-yo team. Some level of success is inevitable if they keep throwing money at the squad, but at some point they have to settle down and concentrate on some form of strategy and a settled team. At the moment, I fail to see their transfer strategy, more so its paying well over the odds for players that happen to be available (or in Milner's case, players who are able to be influenced). City struggled to get the cohesion necessary to mount a serious challenge last season; now they have brought in a load more players and, with the 25 man squad ruling, face ditching a dozen of their existing squad.

Do I think City can dominate? Absolutely.

Do I think they can do it with Mancini? Possibly.

Will it be this season? I'd be staggered.

If it all drops into place for them, god help the rest of the league because it will be a one horse race. I just don't think they can create a team in time though. One thing is for sure, these guys seem to be in it for the long haul, with the other projects they have in the area and they dont appear to be in a position where they will be running out of cash any time soon.

The times they are a changing...

Re: United & Chelsea look out, here come Mancini's Galactico

Aren't there spending caps coming in where you can only spend what you earn? I think Shitty will be in and around 4th this season, I feel Arsenal might be a surprise team this season, they've got some good youngsters that are a year older, and with Van Persie back, Arshavin, Fabregas staying I think they could mount a title challenge, they could do with a defender and gaolkeeper though. The friendly they played on the weekend was shocking, finished 6-5, obviously got some good attacking players but defensively they are poor. I like Vermaelan but apart from that, they've got no one really. And I can't believe people want Almunia as the England GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back