United’s #10

Sideshow Bob

Pereira, Lingard and Mata are simply not of the level required for a club like United. Pogba or a quality #10 would make quite the difference.

Definitely. A no 10 needs to score and assist, ours don't do either. Until we can buy one I would be playing Gomes there.

Definitely this. He couldn't do any worse than the others.

Yes he can that kid hasn’t shown himself to be ready yet.

Why do we try and play with a number 10 when we clearly don’t have one?

Periera was MOTM vs Liverpool by the way.

When Pogba comes back he has to go into this position I don’t think it’s his best position but really it’s the only place he currently fits in.

If pogba comes back. I am not convinced we will see him in a United shirt ever again. Of course gomes may do worse, he may not. He is a genuine number 10 and ole clearly wants to play with one. He is out of contract at the end of the year so he needs game time to at least prove himself. Same applies with brandon Williams. He may or may not be ready but only by playing him will we find out. We are not going to severely weaken our team by doing this. The fact that Pereira was man of the match in a one off game where we were always going to be under pressure doesn't really matter to me. It's the games where we have to create something that I am more interested in.

Why not?

He’s our best player and most creative player why wouldn’t we play him?

He’s also tried playing with his injury to help the team but he can’t he sat out 2 international rounds to try and est the problem.

He’s got the Euro in the summer plus he wants a move he won’t get a move by sitting on the sidelines Madrid aren’t going to pay his salary unless he shows them why they should on the pitch.

Kids get chances when they earn them you don’t just put them in because they are kids Gomes hasn’t made an impact in any of his appearances for the first team that’s a reality of where he is right now he looks miles off. Greenwood looks like he can make the impact.

Gomes for me gets the Europa league games plus the Colchester game as a 10 to show he can make an impact if he shows something then you bring him into the first team setup.

There’s so much hype around this kid and he is a real talent but for me he doesn’t look ready yet like Chong both these boys need to go on loan like Tuanzebe did and learn the game by playing at a suitable level clearly U23 is to easy for them but I think PL is to high for them.

Hopefully they sign new deals and Utd come up with a proper plan for the 2 of them to get them ready either in 6 month or 18 months time they both need a good loan spell in my opinion in a foreign league where they can develop.

I have never said we shouldn't play him or that he isn't our best player. I would play him. However I am not convinced if this is a serious injury or just him wanting away. I have always given a level of support to pogba in terms of his creativity and not having to be Roy keane as well.

Was Pereira named man of match against Liverpool for quality/creativity or for work rate?

I’m not convinced by Gomes as well, however he should be given an opportunity.

That's sort of what I was saying. Pereira is probably better for that game but against everybody outside the top 5 or so we need creativity in there. I am not convinced about gomes either, or any kid, but unless we play them at some point we won't find out. Brandon Williams is a great example of that. Playing him wouldn't significantly weaken us with what we have but he could end up saving us s lot of money if he is that good.

Think it was a bit of both first half he was more creative second half more destructive it was much more a modern number 10 display but in a different system where as the 10 you are expected to burst through the middle rather than be creative.

The 4-2-3-1 system basically relies on 3 attacking midfield players linking with each other and also linking with a striker you tend to find a lot of teams that use this system don’t always have a high scoring striker because the striker is a vital link player to the guys who play behind him who tend to provide the goals along with assists.

Currently we are struggling because our full backs are not particularly great attacking players, our wide players all want to play on the left, our striker isn’t really a predator, in the middle of the park our players are not particularly creative.

The all round technical level is quite low which means the ball moves slowly and while players might be able to move fast I don’t think they think fast to exploit gaps and almost play on instinct. They have to wait to see what their team mate does rather than anticipate what he’s going to do.

Personally when Pogba is fit I think ditch the number 10 go back to 4-3-3 as the default system with Pogba as a number 8 and use the 3-4-1-2 in big games with Pogba as the 10.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back