Unai Emery at Arsenal 2019/20

For me the 4th best side on paper in the country when everyone is fit BUT still very soft in the centre of midfield and they’ve taken a gamble with David Luiz but I think it’s a worthwhile gamble to not have to play Mustafi.

Going forward very exciting Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang is a quality front 3 if they can get Ozil/Mhiki & Ceballos fit and contributing as well they should score plenty of goals.

I think they’ll be more consistent vs the other 14 sides this season but they’ll struggle in the head to heads vs the other big 6 but getting top 4 is being consistent against the rest.

I do wonder if one of those strikers might still leave to balance up the books a bit.

After 45 minutes of football I’ve seen from this season. They’re still too weak at CB. Burnley are just putting in basic crosses and causing trouble every time. They’ve had as many good chances as Arsenal with half the ball and deserved their goal just before half time.

Be shocked if they finish top 4 this season.

Ceballas has been excellent though.

Premier League: Arsenal 1-1 Wolves - 2nd November 2019

Played 11
Won 4
Drawn 5
Lost 2
Points 17
Goals For 16
Goals Against 15

Another game without a win. 5 in a row in all comps now and the hounds are circling.

Think he lost the fans a long time ago they wanted him out last summer.

Bit like us with Ole it’s hard to see what the actual plan is Emery I think hasn’t put his identity on the team he just reacts to the opposition in every game and tries to stop them rather than try to dominate them.

They are so bad going forward as a team but they have some great individual talent that gets them out of trouble.

Tierney and Bellerin start in a 3-5-2. Ozil also starts. Emery has got the memo from the Arsenal fans

2-1 down. 5 to go and looking like Tottenham will jump above them and possibly us tomorrow

They were awful should have been beaten by 4 or 5 Lacazette almost looked embarrassed to equalise.

They’ve got to sack him now it’s reached that point where it’s going nowhere and they’re getting worse every week.

Worth a call to Poch? That would be a heel turn straight out of WWE

JSP, talk of Poch seems to be gathering, not sure he'd go there though would he :-o

I suppose Sol did it.

I’d absolutely love to see Poch take this job. Can you imagine the breakdown among the Spurs fans?

It would be great to see Poch take it but it sounds like the board at Arsenal are still 100% behind Emery my guess is they see the writing is on the wall with him but they just want him to see out this season bit like we did with LVG a few years back.

All my Arsenal mates would love Poch to take over most of them didn't want Mourinho but they've all reached that point where they'd have anyone other than Emery.

I reckon Poch will probably end up at Bayern if I'm honest but if he feels Spurs have screwed him over then taking over their rivals might be something he'd be up for but not sure he's that sort of guy.

Bayern will want trophies. I'm not sure Bayern, Marid or Barca will come in for him with his record, yes he play nice football, but they want to win immediately. Maybe, as he's free, not much of a gamble.

To be honest with the squad Bayern have they should be walking the German league most seasons. So I don’t think his lack of trophies will put off Bayern one little bit.

But yeah would be quite a giggle to see him rock up at the Emirates.

Bayern don't need to appoint someone with a track record they want someone who will coach the team they back their decision makers at board level and know that they've got the best squad in their league by a mile so there really is little excuse for a manager when it comes to domestic success what they want is someone who can do better in Europe.

Poch's record of getting Spurs to the CL final last season will be what I think has caught their eye.

Juande Ramos won the league cup with Spurs does that makes him a better manager than Poch?

Bayern as a club have punched well below their weight in Europe even since they won it in 2013 when they beat Dortmund they haven't been back to the final since despite having an amazing squad. That team is now getting broken up so I think they want someone who can integrate new players to replace those who've gone over the hill.

I see the Arsenal fans have sent another letter to the board asking for action can't be easy being an Arsenal fan at the moment it's 15 years without a title now and the team just seems to be slowly getting worse and worse season after season just drifting yet the club still charge them the highest prices in the league.

They had no choice saw the end of the game last night they were run off the pitch by Frankfurt same happened vs Southampton and that's with basically a full strength side.

He didn't know how to fix the problems and the players clearly had totally lost faith in him.

Fair play to them for pulling the trigger Arsenal reminded me of us in the second season under LVG just drifting along they've made the right decision and pulled the trigger now.

Will be interesting to see who they can get there's rumours that Poch can't take over another team until next season as part of his pay off from Spurs but would Arsenal have the balls to try and change that arrangement?

Santo I reckon

Poch should try a new league, he can't seem to win anything in the UK

Nuno is a good shout I imagine Rafa's name will appear as well he's out in China at the moment.

I think they should be going for Rodgers personally I think Nuno is to defensive minded to succeed at Arsenal those fans want to see a fast attacking team which is what they got used to under Wenger. I think Nuno is similar to Emery in that his default style is to play counter attack which works at Wolves but it won't wash with Arsenal fans.

Or do they go really brave and give a chance to someone like Eddie Howe?

Word seems to be that they've talked to Allegri and may even go back for Arteta.

Rodgers is a good shout, he's not going to get Liverpool again, never get city, doubt united would go near him, so for him it's Arsenal or nowt. That's if you still think Arsenal is bigger than Leicester.

I heard Allegri too, there are a few good managers in the prem at the mo, they should really go for one of those.

You would imagine Allegri would be the stand out choice. Think it’s out of him and Arteta probably. Not sure Santo will want to leave Wolves, they are a team on the up and up.

They may go down the route of giving it to Ljungberg and if things improve give him the job until the end of the season.

I think right now if I'm Rodgers you stick at Leicester but at the end of the season chances are more players will leave and you rebuild again at Arsenal in theory you can build something year on year he showed last season he's not afraid to walk away from success to climb the ladder he ditched Celtic who were on the verge of a treble.

I think for Emery the thing that's done him is he's had 18 months including 2 summer windows where quite a lot of players have been signed but the team is still a mess at both ends of the pitch. The defence is as bad as it ever was under the previous manager and the attack is the same basically the 2 quality of 2 good strikers covering up a team that looks toothless going forward. Basically they look exactly the same as they did when Wenger left.

What's most annoying is despite this mess for the last 6 years we've basically been worse than them every season apart from one where we finished 2nd somehow.

I don’t think we’ve been worse than them. They’ve had 2 FA Cups. It’ll be 4 years since they’ve had a top 4 finish at the end of this season.

I don’t think we’ve been worse than them. They’ve had 2 FA Cups. It’ll be 4 years since they’ve had a top 4 finish at the end of this season.

This is my best guess but I think

2019/20 (Ole) ~ Currently above us
2018/19 (Ole/Mou) ~ Finished above us
2017/18 (Mou) ~ Finished below us
2016/17 (Mou) ~ Finished above us
2015/16 (LVG) ~ Finished above us
2014/15 (LVG) ~ Finished above us
2013/14 (Moyes) ~ Finished above us

Cups are cups the league is the real barometer of how good you are as a team and they've consistently finished above us over the last 6 years the only year I'm not sure of is 2014/15 when LVG finished 4th I think that season Arsenal finished 3rd. In terms of top 4 we've had 2 top 4 finishes in 6 seasons that second place under Mourinho is looking more like a fluke every season.

In terms of cups they've won 2 FA Cups we've won 1 FA Cup & 1 League Cup, in Europa league we won it and they lost the final last season.

I'd say mixed bag. They've been better in the league, we've been better in the cups. They've sacked Emery yet are higher in the table than us. Crazy.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back