Played 2
Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 0
Goals For 2
Goals Against 5

I wonder how long until they realise Wenger wasn’t so bad

Arsenal could have had 6 in the first half. If Chelsea move to a flat 4 at the back they need to bring in Cahill for Luis.

Arsenal have looked ok in their 2 games but defensively they are still a mess as easy as it was for them to open up Chelsea same can be said for Arsenal at the other end, I mean Morata did well for his goal but way to easy for him to get that chance.

2 big games where Ozil was totally anonymous I like Ozil but he shouldn’t be starting these games in the form he’s currently in.

Arsenal 1-0 down. Will they start the season with 3 losses.

Ozil completely left out of the squad. Rumours he’s been dropped because of performance and a squad argument regarding Ramsay. other reports of illness

Ozil is ill.... something that seems to happen quite a lot, they should never have given him that contract.

Not watching but sounds like they are a mess at the back struggling with the new system and style.

They’ve turned it around. Emery on for his first win. Own goal.

Those Arsenal defenders do not look comfortable playing out from the back, Cardiff could have had a few.

Yeah Czech seriously struggling with it too but I guess practise makes perfect and it’ll get better the more they play.

The big issue I see for them is getting Lacazette & Aubameyang in the same team is tough and so is Mkhitaryan & Ozil their 4 biggest earners don’t all fit in the starting XI.

They bought a keeper he’s biggest plus point is his feet and saving penalty’s if they’re playing that way why not use him?

Surely you can play Lacazette wide right Ozil wide left Mhki central and 2 DM’s?

They bought a keeper he’s biggest plus point is his feet and saving penalty’s if they’re playing that way why not use him?

Surely you can play Lacazette wide right Ozil wide left Mhki central and 2 DM’s?

Can't get my head around that one personally either makes no sense to me unless he's planning on rotating Leno/Cech for European/Cup games that kick off after the internationals? The only logic I could come up with was he realised Cech needs more practise at this because he's never done it before and he was kind of happy to write off this first little group of games.

That puts 3 players out of their favourite position though.

Both Lacazette & Aubameyang are out and out number 9's they'll probably both do a bit of the wing but they both want to be in the centre and I doubt they'll want to do the defending that comes with playing wide. When both play it's more often Aubameyang who ends up going out wide on the left.

Ozil, Mhiki & Ramsey I think are all number 10's not sure any of them really want to play wide for the same reasons as the strikers so he needs to find a solution to that as he doesn't really have any wide players in the squad.

It seems like the plan is 4-3-3 against the better sides with 2 holding mids then more of a 4-2-3-1 vs the weaker sides.

Feels to me like they probably would have been happy to sell Lacazette in the summer if they got a decent offer and the Mhiki signing was a bit of protection in case Ozil didn't stay.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15th September 2018

Played 5
Won 3
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 9
Goals For 10
Goals Against 9

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Everton - 23rd September 2018

Played 6
Won 4
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 12
Goals For 12
Goals Against 9

Heard they still don’t look convincing but they are putting points on the board.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Watford - 29th September 2018

Played 7
Won 5
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 15
Goals For 14
Goals Against 9

Can someone explain to me why its only taken Emery a matter of what... 3 months? To make this team in to his style. Over 2 years in to Mourinho and we have no clue.

Can someone explain to me why its only taken Emery a matter of what... 3 months? To make this team in to his style. Over 2 years in to Mourinho and we have no clue.

Mourinho hasn’t stuck to his guns with a style he’s changing it all the time one minute we are a possession side the next we aren’t. I don’t think he’s tried to create a text book Mourinho team he’s tried to create something a little different and it’s failed.

Also, Wenger to Emery isn’t a huge difference Van Gaal to Mourinho was and Arsenal have spent money in the last 12 months to freshen it up. Cleared some deadwood and made some tough decisions to try and start building something new.

Arsenal are just doing what they always did under Wenger they beat the weaker sides quite easily but fail vs the top sides it’s why they’re always in for top 4 but not the league.

Mourinho has not found a way to consistently beat the teams outside the big 6 comfortably we drop silly points all over the place and have done in our 3 seasons under him even the games we win are a struggle we rarely have a comfortable victory, last season it was our results vs the big 6 that put us in second.

Arsenal for me are doing well because they have 2 very good strikers that they’ve managed to get on the pitch together and they also seem to compliment each other so they’ve got a real goal threat but the defensive issues are still there.

If you haven’t seen their third go find a video of it.

Amazing football.

Premier League: Fulham 1-5 Arsenal - 7th October 2018

1-1 at HT. 5-1 win. 9 wins in a row. Memories of Wengers final years fading.

I find their fans singing we’ve got our Arsena back disrespectful to Wenger whose a club legend though.

Really impressive start to the season. After a tough first two weeks they've improved week after week. I like Emery and I like what he's doing at Arsenal.

That's how you give a team a style very quickly.

I haven't really watched them but from what I read they aren't actually playing that well they've just edged games normally with a few moments of quality from the forward players.

Fulham are almost the perfect opponent for Arsenal because they're so wide open a team with the quality of Arsenal will destroy them.

I can't remember which ex player it was, but one said they weren't the best at the back and will get a hiding soon.

They are not very good at the back but they've got the attack firing again they've got 2 very good strikers who are scoring and working together which can cover up a lot of problems.

The big problem for them is they've probably still got to many players for the number 10 positions Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey & Iwobi all kind of need that free role and it seems they've made the decision to let Ramsey go for nothing rather than give him the super money contract but that still leaves 2 big earners not in the team together.

To me they're looking like Arsenal again which is a team that can compete for top 4 but not for the title which is at least a step back in the right direction but there's still quite a few missing pieces to put in place.

The thing is they can play with two holding players and that back 4 and know that the front 4 can get the job done. Aubamang knly needs a sniff at goal and he’s in. Lacazette has found his feet now and in Ramsay they’ve probably for the best goal scoring midfielder in the league.

The thing is they can play with two holding players and that back 4 and know that the front 4 can get the job done. Aubamang knly needs a sniff at goal and he’s in. Lacazette has found his feet now and in Ramsay they’ve probably for the best goal scoring midfielder in the league.

True but they might only have him until January they've said they're not offering him a contract so surely they have to sell for whatever they can get in January. They clearly don't trust him with 1 holding player alongside him and if they play him he has to play as a 3rd in a 3 man midfield he doesn't really dictate play but he's lethal around the box. Wales basically used him as a number 10 at Euro 2016 behind Bale and it worked really well but at Arsenal they have Ozil in that position. It's a fair shout about the goal scoring midfielders there's not many of them around and I guess you are talking about Siggurdson & Silva as his main competition there's not many goal scoring centre mids these days at the top clubs.

I really like Ramsey but he does a specific job he's not really a centre mid he's a bit like Pogba in that he's not quite a number 10 but he's also not quite a modern centre midfielder he kind of plays a bit between those two roles. I do kind of wonder if the role he plays can exist at a top club or is he like Siggurdson in that he should be the best player at a mid table side as he'll nevre quite fit into the top sides because you have to setup for him in a specific way that doesn't really match with how the top teams work.

I think the same problems really remain the better sides will limit the threat of the attack and punish your defence but against the rest you'll be fine. I'd say right now they look like a team who can finish 4th this season.

Premier League: Arsenal 3-1 Leicester City - 22nd October 2018

Played 9
Won 7
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 21
Goals For 22
Goals Against 11

Hear this was another one where they could have easily lost the game but Leicester didn't make it count and had a blatant penalty turned down.

The only bit I saw was the final goal which was an incredible team goal I assume at this point Leicester had chucked everyone forward chasing an equaliser but it was a fantastic free flowing move that you would associate with Arsenal.

Premier League: Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal - 28th October 2018

Played 10
Won 7
Drawn 1
Lost 2
Points 22
Goals For 24
Goals Against 13

Premier League: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - 3rd November 2018

Played 11
Won 7
Drawn 2
Lost 2
Points 23
Goals For 25
Goals Against 14

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal - 25th November 2018

Played 13
Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 2
Points 27
Goals For 28
Goals Against 16

If he can shore that defence up they’ll be a top team. Great to watch going forward when they’re at full flow.

Think they've found a real gem in that Torriera really like him in the midfield.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back