Played 2
Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 0
Goals For 2
Goals Against 5

IDFD

Arsenal could have had 6 in the first half. If Chelsea move to a flat 4 at the back they need to bring in Cahill for Luis.

jsp

Arsenal have looked ok in their 2 games but defensively they are still a mess as easy as it was for them to open up Chelsea same can be said for Arsenal at the other end, I mean Morata did well for his goal but way to easy for him to get that chance.

2 big games where Ozil was totally anonymous I like Ozil but he shouldn’t be starting these games in the form he’s currently in.

IDFD

Arsenal 1-0 down. Will they start the season with 3 losses.

Ozil completely left out of the squad. Rumours he’s been dropped because of performance and a squad argument regarding Ramsay. other reports of illness

jsp

Ozil is ill.... something that seems to happen quite a lot, they should never have given him that contract.

Not watching but sounds like they are a mess at the back struggling with the new system and style.

IDFD

They’ve turned it around. Emery on for his first win. Own goal.

Mr C

Those Arsenal defenders do not look comfortable playing out from the back, Cardiff could have had a few.

jsp

Yeah Czech seriously struggling with it too but I guess practise makes perfect and it’ll get better the more they play.

The big issue I see for them is getting Lacazette & Aubameyang in the same team is tough and so is Mkhitaryan & Ozil their 4 biggest earners don’t all fit in the starting XI.

IDFD

They bought a keeper he’s biggest plus point is his feet and saving penalty’s if they’re playing that way why not use him?

Surely you can play Lacazette wide right Ozil wide left Mhki central and 2 DM’s?

jsp

They bought a keeper he’s biggest plus point is his feet and saving penalty’s if they’re playing that way why not use him?

Surely you can play Lacazette wide right Ozil wide left Mhki central and 2 DM’s?
Can't get my head around that one personally either makes no sense to me unless he's planning on rotating Leno/Cech for European/Cup games that kick off after the internationals? The only logic I could come up with was he realised Cech needs more practise at this because he's never done it before and he was kind of happy to write off this first little group of games.

That puts 3 players out of their favourite position though.

Both Lacazette & Aubameyang are out and out number 9's they'll probably both do a bit of the wing but they both want to be in the centre and I doubt they'll want to do the defending that comes with playing wide. When both play it's more often Aubameyang who ends up going out wide on the left.

Ozil, Mhiki & Ramsey I think are all number 10's not sure any of them really want to play wide for the same reasons as the strikers so he needs to find a solution to that as he doesn't really have any wide players in the squad.

It seems like the plan is 4-3-3 against the better sides with 2 holding mids then more of a 4-2-3-1 vs the weaker sides.

Feels to me like they probably would have been happy to sell Lacazette in the summer if they got a decent offer and the Mhiki signing was a bit of protection in case Ozil didn't stay.

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15th September 2018

Played 5
Won 3
Drawn 0
Lost 2
Points 9
Goals For 10
Goals Against 9