manc1976

United U21's start the New Year with an away trip to Southampton.

Kick off is at 7.30pm

This game is NOT due to be shown live on MUTV

Bdzd8xRIAAACJ6T.png

The reason why it is not being shown on MUTV is that there is no room for all of the equipment. United fans have alo been told they are not allowed in to watch.

If it is the ground I think it is, then it is the same one that the academy play at, and the sidelines have bushs/trees going along the line !!

Starting XI: Johnstone, Love, Ekangamene, Thorpe, Blackett, Cole, Reece James, Petrucci, Lingard, Will Keane, Macheda

Subs: Gollini, Rothwell, Pearson, Grimshaw, Weir

I hope Rothwell and Pearson's game time is not going to be limited by the return of loan players.

Luckily they are at the lower end of the age group, so have time on their side, but I do agree Bob. We need to move a few of these lads on if they are not going to move up to the 1st team

15 Mins: United surrender possession deep in their half, allowing Rowe to latch onto the ball in the box and drill it in! [1-0]

30 Mins: United score through Jesse Lingard

1-1

The forward bursts through midfield and opens up his body for a 25-yard shot that he lifts into the far corner.

50 Mins: United go ahead through Larnell Cole

The ball is lifted over Saints' backline for the winger to control and fire a left-footed shot into the far corner

Apart from Don Love, you'd like to see all those lads move on somewhere this month, whether it be permanently or on loan.

Good win.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back