Sideshow Bob

Manchester United play Southampton in the Barclays U21 Premier League, at the Leigh Sports Village, on Monday, 18th January 2016. Kick off is at 19:00 and is live on MUTV.

Team: Romero; Varela, Williams, McNair, Love; Fosu-Mensah, Willock; Weir, A.Pereira, Januzaj; Keane.

Subs: J.Pereira, Riley, El Fitouri, Redmond, Rashford.

Januzaj's first:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow sounds like a good performance that. Positive to read Januzaj scoring and Keane scoring a couple!

Out of interest... Unfortunately I don't get to watch any under 21s football... How's young Fosu-Mensah getting on? I've heard good things about him but nothing so far this season.

U21s play some great football, play the United way. Must have had over 30 efforts on goal tonight. Surprised Warren Joyce hasn't gone on to manage first team football somewhere.

Fosu-Mensah starting to do very well at this level now. Still an U18 and will play for them on Friday in the FA Youth Cup. Can play in a number of positions.

Excellent performance from the team tonight. With Januzaj and Keane back, goals have been added to the team and the defence is getting stronger. RoShaun Williams at only 17 is a fantastic prospect at CB. Januzaj excellent but Pereira was even better, that effort he had after juggling the ball on edge of box would have been goal of the season had it gone in.

Keane's first:

Keane's penalty:

So why is it that the under 21s can play such good football?! See surely if LVG has a philosophy then that should go right through the club? That all age groups should play the same style of football...

Thanks for the info on Fosu-Mensah. He's one I've read a lot about and will keep my eye out for.

Januzaj's second:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back