Trippier to Atletico Madrid

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
All agreed at £22m

Great chance for him to go and play there.

Surprised at how low the fee is but could be a contract thing he's been there a few years so unless he's had a renewal he might be down to his last 12 months on his contract.

Yeah I thought the fee was on the low side.

Spurs have also told Rose they’re open to him leaving and haven’t taken him on their tour.

Saw something saying they want to sell Aurier as well and bring in a new right back and use Walker-Peters as a back up.

Think Poch said he wanted to refresh the squad a bit this summer but for Spurs to do that they have to sell to balance the books.

I guess they're hoping they can convince Alderwiereld and Eriksen to sign new deals as the talk of them leaving seems to be quiet.

Not going to lie I'd take Rose at the right price.

I would as well think he'd be great competition for Shaw but it's not going to happen as we already have Young playing that role and it will cost a big fee and wages to take him from Spurs.

I think with Shaw he's got another season to prove he is an elite level left back if he doesn't step up his game then he might actually need replacing, I think Utd should be keeping one eye on Tierney if that move to Arsenal falls through he might be one to look at for next summer.

Be interesting to see how Spurs bounce back from losing that CL final it covered up a pretty poor league campaign they lost a lot of games and really it was only the really poor showing by Chelsea, Arsenal & Utd in the run in that kept them in that top 4. I do think on paper they have the 3rd best squad in the league but they need to show a lot more consistency next season.

Who should be moved on but yeah I agree he'll still be here.

Left back is one I’d rather give another year to and if it still isn’t sorted with Shaw sort it out properly rather. Than patch it up with someone like Rose.

I also think full backs are always going to look a lot better in the Poch/Klopp/Guardiola systems than they actually are. Because there very little pressure on them to be fantastic defensively. I think Rose had 18 good months has been dining off of it for a while.

I think Rose is a solid 7/10 player rarely has stinkers but rarely has blinders but he's going to start slowing down which takes an edge of a player if they aren't positionally and technically perfect which he probably isn't.

I've like Rose for a while think Spurs would be silly to let him go but I think he's someone who's wanted to move on for a while there's rumours he wants to move back north to be closer to family, he's had a lot of problems with his mental health as a player which he's been quite open about sadly that might be something that counts against him.

Really looking forward to seeing how Trippier does at Atletico there's big pressure on his England spot with Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back