Tour Squad Announced

jsp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fred and Darmian excused from squad for family reason will join up with the team later in the tour and train at Carrington.

Fred is getting married next week (wedding was planned for July as he assumed he’d be playing in the Copa America)

Sanchez will miss the tour due to Copa America and now injury.

Dean Henderson not going pretty much confirms he’s going to Sheff Utd on loan.

Good to see a few of the youngsters going out with the first team shame there’s not more new faces and less of the deadwood Ole promised us would be gone.

Very much looking forward to how the youngsters do. It’s a very youthful squad with flickerings of experience. Disappointed we don’t have more new signings in there but I’m hoping that comes with time, although there isn’t much of that left.

First game against Perth Glory this Saturday followed by Leeds the following Wednesday.

It's only when you see it written down you realise just how bad a squad we've assembled in the 6 years post Ferguson especially when you consider it's cost over 750m to be left with that.

The tour is a funny one because we've seen kids do well on tour then not get chances in the first team the following season you wonder how much the managers really use it make a judgement. With Europa League group stage we should be giving our younger players plenty of chances to play first team football at a good level.

@jsp has just said it, just look at the state of our squad ? soon to be without Labile aswell !

More needed to have been done by now, we arent going to get a full pre season with the starting 11 for next season now are we, who else will come in now before the end of the season.

Sorry but need another 3 at least, 4 if PP leaves, which looks more than likely.

Mean while City go and sign a cracking player in Rodri as they think about the eventual successor to D Silva, far to efficient when you look at us and we cant even sign Longprong.

Longprong. Don’t know why that’s amused me so much.

yes our squad is proper pap.

If we bring in Savic, Fernandes and a decent sriker for Lukaku it will be a little better.

Where is the CB though!

34 days until the start of our season. Ed better get his skates on. At the moment the squad is looking paper thin on quality. Lots of numbers but it’s filled out by youngsters, guys that don’t want to be here, crap and utter crap.

Disappointed we don’t have more new signings in there but I’m hoping that comes with time, although there isn’t much of that left.
I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we brought in more than 2 signings and in fact I think it'll be more like just 1.

Someone has been taken ill and is in hospital :-( Radio said they didn't think it was a player or Ole.

Could it be carrick? doesn't he have a history of heart problems or something? Lets hope it's only minor whoever it is.

edit

just read a report saying it's a man in his 50's

Backroom staff member apparently being reported as some sort of overdose.

Doesn't say if it was overdose on medication he was taking or something else.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back