Top Utd transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 17 and assisted 17 for Bayern last year. He's one of the top RW in the world that's why United should sign him.
Borussia Dortmund I think?
And it should be clear to everyone our owners don’t have the champion mentality and we’re not signing Sancho.

That's a different matter altogether. We have to want to buy him. If we don't then maybe we look at a cheaper option, in ny opinion a mistake, but it is what it is. If we are saying we can't afford anybody at all then we have to go with what we have.

Borussia Dortmund I think?
And it should be clear to everyone our owners don’t have the champion mentality and we’re not signing Sancho.
Sorry yes Dortmund.

Whether they do or don't, I agree that they don't, it doesn't change the fact that the club need to invest in the top players if they are to ever compete.

How much should we pay for him then?
Who cares? We aren't getting him. I'd rather have 2 or 3 players who challenge for the first team, but I'd take Sancho over no one. But again, I think our owners are using the Arsenal model of wanting to be in the top 4 but not investing enough to be champions.

I dont think they should pay the money being asked at all. I think they should pay 60-70m up front tops. With ad ons potentially making it 90m tops.
That's fine but I just don't think they will get him. Time to move on in that case.

I think Donny VDB fills whatever role there was for Grealish. The only way we need Grealish is if we get rid of Fred and switch to a different kind of system.

I wouldn't be unhappy at signing Grealish think he's an exciting player but just think we've got a few players like him already in the team we need someone to play right side and he doesn't plug that gap unfortunately.

The Reguilon and Telles rumours went around again yesterday but both to me feel like agent links rather than actual Utd interest both clubs are likely desperate to sell these two players to generate some cash.

In reality, with the way we spend and save on spending money, the question has to be do we need another player when we have 2 for that position with other positions needing strengthening first?

And this is why we don't splash the cash...
#MUFC paid £209m in last 5 years to fund Glazers’ ownership structure: £120m interest plus £89m dividends. In last 10 years they spent an extraordinary £838m on financing: £488m interest, £251m debt repayments & £99m dividends. Took out £140m loan since year-end

[⁦‪@SwissRamble‬⁩] pic.twitter.com/X7oRL6X1xd

Lots of talk again this evening about Reguilon all coming from Spain.

Player wants to join
Clubs need to agree a fee
Utd won’t accept the buy back clause

I wish you would all stop creating threads about silly rumours. It's boring, depressing and given the lack of any real solid news it is worrying.
We really need a good solid announcement on a player that will help us push forward this season. That needs to be in the form of a right winger.

Guys face it... United have once again messed up a transfer window. And they may pay a big price for it once again.

Next transfer window can we open a thread called 'Silly Transfer Rumours' and put all the updates in there as RichH is getting stressed out with it all :cool:

To be fair I actually think it's a good idea, along with a thread 'Player's United Linked With'

Just frustrates me to see the club I used to love and support do so little to close the gap. Bottom line I do still support United over any other club. I just don't tend to watch them play or follow their results.

Its transfer window or bust in my eyes.

That's basically what this thread is.

Still 3 weeks to go I don't see us doing nothing but I don't think it's going to be a big deal like Sancho that gets over the line.

As always Utd have to sell to buy but if no one will buy our players we're a bit snookered maybe these things will happen late and Utd will be busy on deadline day who knows.

It's just a tough summer the whole market seems dead very little movement going on at top clubs.

In terms of silly season it's been incredibly quiet for Utd this summer normally we're linked to about 100 players that just hasn't happened there's been so much focus on Sancho all the usual nonsense stuff seems to have been parked.

I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that Manchester United is just one big fat cash cow for the disgusting Glazer family. Football is no longer the main priority, taking money is.

£108m on one player is pointless to them. Keeping the money in their pockets and giving Phil Jones a contract extension is a much better idea in their eyes.

It is unusually quite defo. Days go by with nothing at all being mentioned about anyone which is very odd. Look on the bright side, we signed VDB in 2 days out of nowhere so it is possible. There are so few transfers going on anywhere clubs have free runs at signing anyone really.

We could end up signing a RF, CB and/or CDM for £110/120m who add some quality and depth and sell some deadwood for £60m. That would be a net spend of around £100m which is still more than most seasons of late. If that happened I wouldn't be too fussed, any quality addition is welcome. If we got a decent RF only and not Sancho at least we would have a new player there. This isn't Fantasty Football, its the Glazers.

To be fair, bar PSG, City and Chelsea, that's the game for all clubs.

Do we really think it was any different under the plc? Grow up! 99% of owners want returns on their investment there is a 1% group who are doing it for other reasons the books need to balance. Unless your club is fan owned which can bring other issues you have to accept you can only spend what you can afford to spend no ones going to pick up the bill for you.

Yeah our situation is made worse by the fact we're carrying a boat load of debt for no reason but that's not going to change for a very long time so we've got to live with it. What the Glazers did changed the club forever and it will be a long long time before it recovers and pays back those loans but the damage is done. They've also made it so expensive to buy off them that no one ever will the only way they go is if the bubble collapses and the banks step in like they did with Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool.

The money has been there certainly in recent times and used properly like it was in the Fergie years the club can be successful on the pitch and off the pitch for the last 7 years the club has spent badly so while we've maintained success off the pitch on the pitch it's been tough. Even with the Lukaku money coming in we still spent over £100m on the team last season.

Yeah really don’t get the oh we’re not spending enough notion. We’ve spent more than most the last few seasons. If we see a player we’ll go out and try and get him. Maguire 80m, AWB 50m, Fernandes 50m just in the last 12 months. Then go back further on that the big money outlay on Pogba and Lukaku. We’ve spent a lot of money but that money has not always been used well, for example Di Maria, Depay, Schneiderlin etc.

Yeah really don’t get the oh we’re not spending enough notion. We’ve spent more than most the last few seasons. If we see a player we’ll go out and try and get him. Maguire 80m, AWB 50m, Fernandes 50m just in the last 12 months. Then go back further on that the big money outlay on Pogba and Lukaku. We’ve spent a lot of money but that money has not always been used well, for example Di Maria, Depay, Schneiderlin etc.

Think only City have spent more than us post Fergie.

Absolute fortunes chucked down the drain on bad signings which we've had to cut losses on, stupid contracts being handed out to players who contribute bugger all, squeezing every last drop out of a player rather than bite the bullet and replace them.

The club finally seem to be spending money more sensibly and now we all cry because they won't smash our transfer record to sign 1 player when there's a global recession going on that will impact the club over the next decade as the world recovers from this.

Quotes from the manager today on potential signings not giving anything away but says the club are working on doing deals.

Solskjaer refused to be drawn on the ongoing transfer saga between United and Borussia Dortmund over England winger Jadon Sancho.

It is understood United can meet the 20-year-old's personal terms, but there is no agreement over a fee, and the Bundesliga side are increasingly confident of keeping him.

"You know I can't say anything about other clubs' players out of respect to them. I can't speculate," Solskjaer said.

"But we understand that to get even further, one, we need to develop what we have, and two, we're also looking to strengthen the team.

"I've been in dialogue with the club, of course, we're always discussing and hopefully let's see if we can bring anyone in."

Sat firmly on the fence as I predicted on another thread. Waffle waffle waffle.

I suppose at least he said we are working on deals. He didn't say if that was with a new Noodle sponsor or transfers lol

What do you expect him to do go out in front of the worlds media and lay into his bosses?

I believe what's he's saying they're working hard to get deals done but these things take time.

They certainly do at Utd!

Two and a half week of the window to go. It'll heat up big Friday 2nd i reckon and it'll be gossip and deals galore from there.

So the talk now is of Telles? Would be a good signing for United but they need an attacking player.

With Liverpool now adding, City having done their business early and Chelsea going on a spree that's your top 3 pretty much sorted I think.

So it is imperative that United add an attacking player otherwise I think they are going to fall short of top 4 next year. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't think they have enough quality and depth to sustain the level they showed at times last year. I think the goals will dry up at times and they'll lack options off the bench to change things.

It sure feels like a really poor summer so far for the club. Other teams have done business and United seem to have been left with their trousers down. They may add one more but I can't see there being two more at this late stage.

It is a shame for Ole because he seemed to really be building something. He seemed to be moving the club in the right direction but I think that's going to stall again as a result of a lack of investment. And if that happens then sadly Ole won't get another summer.

If we really don’t have money to spend this summer because of Covid would anyone take Jovic on a loan deal? Cheap and brings us an extra option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back