Top Utd transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was neither tbh. I was just replying to someone who mentioned getting a bigger striker that will bully centre halfs. That would be a cheap short term measure. I am not entirely sure I would agree with it myself. That said I do feel United fans are a little bit snobby about who we sign, we just assume everybody wants to come to us.

fecking fair weather fans who jump ship when the goings tough, but still want to bump their gums all over the place and continually slag the club off.
Total negativity. fecking clowns.

Change thread title to: "Any Utd Transfer Targets?"
I do wonder why some United fans are starting to defend Woodward and defend the transfer actions of United. Their transfer track record in the last few years has been nothing short of appalling yet some fans want to preach patience? Honestly if I were a United fan I'd be worried at how slow things have been since the window reopened.

has it been slow, not many clubs are rushing around buying. It's a long window.

the facts are, the virus has affected club finances. So we need to cut them some slack.

Yeah City and Chelsea have spent a bit, Spurs have signed Hojlberg and a few free transfers have flown about. Other than that I couldn’t tell you any other clubs who have signed anyone. Patience young comrades.

has it been slow, not many clubs are rushing around buying. It's a long window.

the facts are, the virus has affected club finances. So we need to cut them some slack.
Chelsea don't seem to be struggling...

no, but as someone said, they had last summers money in the bank.

no, but as someone said, they had last summers money in the bank.
And that's all fine. Look if they do no business because they don't have the money or they do very little business then that's how it is for United. But then they should brace for another struggle.

Chelsea spent a fair whack of ‘last summers money’ signing Pulisic and Kovacic for £100m surely? Then signing Ziyech for £40m. However money doesn’t work like that for Chelsea it’s just what Abramovich decides to sign off on.

The two teams that have spent money are the two with wealthy owners. I don't think there is anybody on here that genuinely supports the glazers but that's where we are. I think for the last 4 or 5 years we have described it as a really important transfer window, and whilst you can't deny we have spent money you always feel we have come up at least a player short. The glazers acquired the club legitimately and there is little we can do about it except try to support your team.

Now Chilwell in a £50m deal apparently. They definitely mean business this season.

You can see what @RichH2016 is saying, when you see a big club spend like that you wish it was us. If we had that kind of input we'd be right up there.

I don't like the glazers, but they have spent a fair bit in the market, albeit badly.

The difference is, they don't put their own money in.

It's a shame Jim Ratcliffe went into cycling. Although I think he has an overseas team

If they get Chilwell for £50m I’ll be fuming after what Leicester forced us to pay for Harry.

yeah, that does seem cheap. But that's maybe a result of Covid?

Havertz want 300 grand a week and will blow their wage structure

I don't think it's the result of covid. History tells us, for whatever reason, we buy high and we sell low. I think we have tried to stop that, particularly the selling low, but all it has meant is we get stuck with the likes of Jones and Rojo. I do see the frustrations of rich2016 and others, I share them, but we don't have a sugar daddy prepared to invest billions of their own money. My main problem with the glazers is the money they take out not the money they put in.

You can see what @RichH2016 is saying, when you see a big club spend like that you wish it was us. If we had that kind of input we'd be right up there.
I just think United needed to take advantage of the current economic situation and the good work that was done over the last year. It is early days in the transfer market but they still haven't even made a bid for their #1 target... Other clubs have done business and they haven't.

If anyone feels confident in Woodward then they really are kidding themselves.

I may not be a United fan anymore but I still want them to do well for the fans... And right now nothing is happening and hasn't for the last few weeks. Chelsea may well have signed 5 players before United sign one.

50m is about the going rate for a PL full back judging by Walker and AWB fees we got stung on Maguire because of the Van Dijk fee.

As for us all seems quiet sounds to me like we are skint covid hits clubs hard unless you’ve got a billionaire backer willing to pick up the tabs we don’t we have billionaire owners who expect profits.

Still got 3 weeks to get players in before our season starts and 7 weeks before the window ends so no need for total panic.

As others have said market seems pretty dead all the top clubs are trying to dump overpaid veterans that’s a dangerous market to shop in, clubs with young talent still demanding sky high prices which we probably can’t afford and the release fee bargains are probably already gone.

Still got 3 weeks to get players in before our season starts and 7 weeks before the window ends so no need for total panic.
If I were a United fan I'd panic. Why? Because Woodward takes forever to get a deal done and no deal seems close. If they add Sancho this summer does that move the needle for them? Id suggest as good as he is it doesn't. Chelsea will leap frog them and they'll remain at least as far behind the top 2.

All I know is Ole has been making the difference and I like what he has done up until now. I also believe he will continue to improve things. We were such a shit show when he took over it was a disgrace.
During his tenure he has steadfastly refused to bow to negativity, has kept talking positively and the unity within the club has improved no end.
I am with him all the way and fully support the current project. I dont want to go back to how we were under the previous few managers, it was totally depressing and Ole isnt making the same mistakes recruitment wise so he has my trust.

If I were a United fan I'd panic. Why? Because Woodward takes forever to get a deal done and no deal seems close. If they add Sancho this summer does that move the needle for them? Id suggest as good as he is it doesn't. Chelsea will leap frog them and they'll remain at least as far behind the top 2.

Unless you pay a release fee all deals take time how long have Chelsea been chasing Havertz?

If we only got Sancho it’s a game changer boosting our goal output and giving us depth which we didn’t have this season if the squad stayed healthy I’d say top 3 is do able again.

Even with no changes that squad from last season can do better than 60 odd points our run in showed this side has more about them than they did at the start of the season.

There’s a chance to lose the gap but if we are skint we are skint that sucks but if it means no one loses their job at theclub then that’s the way it has to be. Dig in hopefully get top 4 again then hope we can spend the following summer

Something will happen in this transfer window, I'm just not sure what. But I will say that the present team is worth another 15 points next season and that is top 3 form.

Something will happen in this transfer window, I'm just not sure what. But I will say that the present team is worth another 15 points next season and that is top 3 form.

Honestly unless they totally tank the CL games and play reserves I’m not sure we can add 15 points but I do agree the current squad can do much better than it did last season if the key players all stay healthy through the entire season.

Where I think it’s going to be tough is through the autumn when we’ve got league and CL running he can’t just keep putting the same XI out game after game. He’s got to find a way of using that bench to have 16 or 17 fit and in form players to call on every week.

Honestly unless they totally tank the CL games and play reserves I’m not sure we can add 15 points but I do agree the current squad can do much better than it did last season if the key players all stay healthy through the entire season.

Where I think it’s going to be tough is through the autumn when we’ve got league and CL running he can’t just keep putting the same XI out game after game. He’s got to find a way of using that bench to have 16 or 17 fit and in form players to call on every week.
The problem is this has never happened. Might as well say, we'll do well if we stop missing our shots. Someone we desperately rely on will get injured and it's up to the board to make sure Ole's got someone who can come on in their stead. Right now, we're a skeleton crew.

The problem is this has never happened. Might as well say, we'll do well if we stop missing our shots. Someone we desperately rely on will get injured and it's up to the board to make sure Ole's got someone who can come on in their stead. Right now, we're a skeleton crew.

Wouldn’t call it skeleton crew there’s plenty of players at the club the squad still runs deep in terms of numbers but we don’t have quality in depth.

Just sounds like there’s no money clubs aren’t willing to drop prices yet to reflect that maybe Utd hope that teams panic and drop prices late in the window, maybe they need to look for short term loan deals like they did with Ighalo.

Ole made it clear buying players to improve this team will be expensive.

We all know if we don’t get better players we can forget catching City or Liverpool but this squad should be able to compete for top 4 again which might have to be the target if money is going to remain tight and clubs aren’t going to lower prices.

People are kidding themselves if they think this current team with no new additions can add 15 points next year. In a condensed season with a lot of games? They'll be burned out by February and with no break.

People are kidding themselves if they think this current team with no new additions can add 15 points next year. In a condensed season with a lot of games? They'll be burned out by February and with no break.

Just remember how many stupid points were dropped in that first half of the season.

As I said it can maybe get to 75-80 points rather than 65-70 if they only focused on the league but the top players will want to play the CL games. What’s the point in grafting to qualify if you then don’t get to play the big games when they happen.

Still not convinced how the CL will work with all the quarantine restrictions can teams really expect to fly in and out of different countries every few weeks.

Obviously with Ingaho he’s going to go back to China we need a striker for the bench a proper number 9 imo who do we go for? Someone who is happy to be on the bench.

I don't think I've ever seen a transfer window where United appear to be so quiet. Outside of the transfer gossip columns there's nothing.

Sancho isn't happening so where is the alternative option?

I don't think I've ever seen a transfer window where United appear to be so quiet. Outside of the transfer gossip columns there's nothing.

Sancho isn't happening so where is the alternative option?
It’s way way too quiet for my liking especially when we start training Wednesday for the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back