Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Even if he doesn't make it at United, i'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him for Wales in the future.

se7en

Very comfortable with the ball at his feet, doesn't panic.

Sideshow Bob

Lawrence has been named in the Wales U21 squad ahead of their match against Iceland on the 6th February.

JSNFRMN

Wales U21 beat Iceland 3-0 in Llanelli today. Tom was making his debut for the U21s.

Sideshow Bob

Lawrence has been named in Wales' U21 squad to face the Czech Republic U21s.

JSNFRMN

Lawrence scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory against Moldova Under 21s.

JSNFRMN

"Tom's not had a lot of football and as I said to him before the game, he can't sustain 90 minutes," said Joyce. "If we'd had a game plan and looking for him to make an impact, I just thought it was better that way round [Lawrence being sub] than him starting the game and having to come off, gambling on us scoring early. He's got to have an operation maybe tomorrow or Wednesday so we had that on our minds as well."
Warren Joyce praises United Under-21s - Official Manchester United Website

JSNFRMN

Watched the U21s game. Thought Lawrence was man of the match to be honest. England were quite poor. Wales deserved a draw at least.

JSNFRMN

Done well I thought. Deserved his chance, took it. Up in the air whether he'll actually make it. Better talents haven't made it but worse talents have. He's had an impressive season mind, couldn't get games for U21s at start of the season, went on loan to League One for first half of season (did very well), went on loan to Championship in 2nd half of season (very good there), excellent for Wales U21s vs England. Goal of the season for Carlisle. Debut for us tonight. Expected to be named in senior Welsh team to play Holland next month. If he can keep developing like he has this season, he'll have a chance.

se7en

Difficult to judge in games like this, promising though. Would like to see him step up perhaps to Cardiff or a Prem team

JSNFRMN

I do wonder if Brighton hadn't got to the play offs that it would have been Lingard in his place tonight.

Yeah said in Lawrence's loan thread that i'd like to see him go on loan to a better Championship side next season. Cardiff is a good shout too.

Cordon726

Banned
The thing I like with Lawrence is that he runs at players I'm fed up with players keep turning back.

Status
Not open for further replies.