Toby Alderweireld

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure Barca/Madrid/Munich would be in for him given their options and his price tag, PSG have got FFP problems but maybe do need to reinforce the defence, City have already done their spending so it leaves 1 obvious destination.

This guy is looking to cash in and fair play to him he's earned good money but he has the chance to get one of these mega contracts.

I'm sure Spurs would like to keep him but they can't break that wage structure because if he got a £200k a week deal suddenly the entire squad would be looking to double or treble their wages.

If there is any sense he is available in the summer then we should be all over it. He would improve our defence no end and him and Bailly would potentially be a world class centre back partnership. At 29 he’s a very good age for a centre back so he would right at the top of my summer shopping list.

Didn't realise he was 29. We could do with some experience and PL experience at that to add to Bailly and Lindelof.

Buying him at the top of the market but I agree he’s what we need if I had a choice to pick I’d pick Vertonghen over Alderwiereld but we don’t have the option to pick.

Shame we didn’t spot him at Southampton as we could’ve probably got him then but Spurs knew about the flaw in his loan to buy deal and swooped in.

Not only great defender but would give us a threat from corners as he really attacks the ball on set pieces.

Only worry for me is he’s missed a lot of this season injured is that a one off or is it something that could keep coming back.

It’s only that last one that worries me but he’s about as close to a sure thing that we can get this summer but my guess is Spurs will do everything they can to sell him abroad rather than see him join a rival PL team as that sends out a bad message.

After Walker & Alderwiereld how long before the Manchester clubs start sniffing around Eriksen, Alli & Kane.

I think a fee around £40m would be a steal. He maybe 29 but I think he’s still in his prime for a central defender and we definitely need some more mettle in our back line.

Be surprised if Spurs can get De Ligt in as the replacement I think bigger sharks might be circling on that particular player but the ex Ajax centre backs have done a fine job for Spurs in recent seasons.

Are we gonna buy another defender who can only play 50% of the games due to injury?

He is good tho, he would be a quality addition.

Are we gonna buy another defender who can only play 50% of the games due to injury?

He is good tho, he would be a quality addition.
Just because he had one bad injury last season doesn’t mean he’s a sure fire bet to be injured all the time for us. He’s had other injuries but what players haven’t. Rio had a terrible time of it with injuries in the late 2000’s but he came back strong and a good few years basically injury free. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. I would be quite happy if we signed Alderweireld, however £75m is steep but Levy will try and fleece us for sure.

Be a top signing, good replacement for Bailly fml, only got a year left on his contract hasn't he, no chance of 75m

At £75m and 29 I’d leave him where he is.

Dembele leaving Spurs will hurt them massively

Fact is Mourinho wants an experienced centre half to go with what we’ve got. The 2 he’s bought are what 23? and neither have been quite ready yet in terms of condition or performance.

At £75m i'd rather sign Umtiti than Alderwierald. He's 29 and often relies on pace to get him out of trouble. £75m is just too much for a 29 yr old.

Yeah 75m for a 29 year old with a year left on his contract is ridiculous, surely thats a starting price, I can see more around the 50m mark which is alright in this day and age, Fred, Sandro, Alderweireld for 150m would be decent imo, leaves us with 100m and whatever we make in sales to buy potentially a rb, rw and maybe another cm.

Spurs might want 75m for him doesn't mean they're going to get it as I don't think anyone will pay it and Levy will sell Poch & Spurs have already moved on from this guy it's why despite being fit he's hardly featured and making him stay 1 more year when you know his price will half makes no sense.

I'd be amazed if anyone pays more than 50m for him.

As for the Martial stuff if Spurs rate Alderweireld at 75m then Martial is worth over 100m.

Yeah that sounds about right, 95m for them two would be great business.

What is the world coming to when that statement makes actual sense.

I'd say Alderweireld in the circumstances is worth no more than £35m but Utd have boat loads of money so I don't really care how they spend it and on paper Alderweireld is probably the best CB we can get and ticks all the boxes for what we need.

Neymar blew an already crazy business wide open. From what prices were 2 years ago, just double then now

Reports are Utd and Spurs are £20m apart in the valuation of the player Utd prepared to pay £50m Spurs want £70m and now Utd are briefing journalists about other targets.

For a 29 year old even £50m is a huge sum of money especially with that clause in his deal that makes him half that next season.

Yeah he must be sick and tired of winning the European Cup every year and the sunshine in Madrid.

Toby Alderweireld disappointed at 'unjust' Tottenham omissions

Been a strange summer at Spurs honestly don't think I've seen them linked with anyone.

You'd imagine if he's not going to be first choice he can force a move but it's going to be a game of bluff with Levy so it might go to the wire but if Utd don't let any of the current CB's go there really isn't space for another one.

It's been a strange summer all round I think. You've got the usual made up paper talk that comes to nothing but nothing really concrete for anyone. Fabinho for LFC was done and dusted in hours, out the blue but that is about it. We've got a few weeks left to sign people and there aren't any really strong rumours about anyone. Worrying on one hand but maybe we're doing business on the quiet and we'll drop the bomb.

I think Cahill was underated because people compared him to Terry who like it or not was one of the best defenders of the last 20 years in the world but I think he's now in decline which is why Chelsea have tried moving on from him last season.

Based on what we've got currently not sure he's really an upgrade on any of them.

It's just silly season now without the world cup the back pages need filling and they'll be full of random transfer nonsense.

This story seems to originate from something saying Chelsea want to buy a new centre back and are prepared to let Cahill go.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back