Title race

I don't think so. If so it's as outsiders. 4 points off of Liverpool. We'll know a lot more about if we are in a title race come January 17th.

But it's a marked difference that this thread is being created instead of a race for the top 4 thread.

I'd have probably said yes though if it wasn't for the equaliser. It's deflated me.

We will know in March just about staying in the hunt through the winter months then hope you’re in the mix with 10 games to go.

Whatever, I wish this thread had not been started. it's silly at this stage. Best deleted if you ask me, or just ignored.

Game in hand schedule for the 12th of January 20:15.

Could go in to that game with us two level on points and games with that game now schedules.

Very premature.

We're winning whilst playing poor. Either we start playing well or we'll be on another rubbish streak.

Ole has yet to get us playing well for more than a game or two.

Not suggesting Ole can't do it. I hope he does.

For weeks people have been getting excited about closing on Liverpool...
...”if we win our games in hand we’ll only be xxx behind...”
Sideshow poses the question and everyone runs for the hills.
Strange!

I didn't expect us to be serious challengers for the title, but am delighted with our current form and that we are competing. The team appear mentally and physically stronger.

I don't think we've got enough to win. I'm pleased Ole has bought himself more time to get his plans in place

If we're within 6 points with 10 games to go then that would be a title race at this stage it's still way to early to be calling who's in and out as no one has raced clear unlike previous seasons where after 15 games the title looked over last season.

Gary Neville gushing about our turn around on Sky Sports which is good to see - makes a difference from the pundits saying how rubbish we are!

Although this paragraph has one major error!

"That shows how unusual this season is. What Manchester United have is a lot of match-winners - Edinson Cavani, Anthony Martial, Daniel James, Mason Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford... Game-changers.”

How did Daniel James become a match winner? Go home Gary, you’re drunk.

@SuperRash my guess is he's chucked his name in to avoid leaving anyone out as it creates a very different headline.

I don't think we've got enough to win. I'm pleased Ole has bought himself more time to get his plans in place
That's my opinion to MrC, we're definitely light and it would be a delightful shock were we to win the league, however I just don't think we have enough depth.
Lead me to a random thought recently, if we win the league this season would it be United’s weakest league winning team of the PL era?
For me I rank our title winners;
= 1: 1999 - 2001
= 1: 2007 - 2009
3: 1993 - 1994
4: 2003
5: 1996
6: 1997
7: 2011
8: 2013

Although I'm fond of all our title winning sides, for me 2011 & 2013 weren't great United teams, would you guys rank the current side better or worse than those?

1 = 07-09
2 = 99-01
3 = 92-94
4 = 11-13
5 = 95-97
6 = 2003

I think the 07-09 side trumps the 99-01 side because the league was so strong in the period they dominated they won 3 in a row when the English sides were all getting to the CL quarters/semi finals. At that time Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal were all strong sides that should of won titles but couldn't because we were just a bit better than all of them.

I've put the 2003 team bottom because that group only managed 1 title over the 3 or 4 year period they were together but they were a very exciting side to watch.

The 07/08 side is the best side I've seen of ours. They were dominant all over the park. 2013 might not have been a great team but they'd give any side a game. So much experience and born winners in the side and obviously RVP had one of those seasons.

RVP, first name down on my all time united 11. Best striker we've ever had. Guy could score all goals from anywhere on the pitch.

Forgive me for this...
...but you guys are cowards. You are literally scared to even contemplate that Utd is in a title race.
It is rather pathetic. A consequence, maybe, of being no hopers for far too long.
The champions will be one of 3 teams.
Liverpool, City, United.
Run from it all you like, but you boys are in this...
...that probably frightens you, but you could win it. So embrace it and dare to dream.
You have the squad, you have goals in the side, the transfer window is open.
All you want to do is compare past title winning sides, and could this vintage be the weakest?
Bloody hell...
What’s wrong with all of you???
This is the season when the champions may not be the best team in the country.
United could win it without being the best.
Like it or not...
...you are in this title race.
For your sake, l hope Ole has the guts and “we can win this” attitude that you seem to lack.

Forgive me for this...
...but you guys are cowards. You are literally scared to even contemplate that Utd is in a title race.
It is rather pathetic. A consequence, maybe, of being no hopers for far too long.
Liverpool, City, United.
...that probably frightens you, but you could win it. So embrace it and dare to dream.
All you want to do is compare past title winning sides, and could this vintage be the weakest?
Bloody hell...
Like it or not...
For your sake, l hope Ole has the guts and “we can win this” attitude that you seem to lack.
Lol, p*ss off troll :)

You're a bit of a flip/flopper here.

Less than 6 weeks ago when me / shoot / Carrot were saying Ole is the man for the job and he'll bring glory back you called it deluded and blind optimism.

Can't call us out for being too optimistic and for not being optimistic enough.

I just think it's too early to call it a title race. It's not squeaky bum time. With no champions League football you've got to think we'll benefit. I make City favourites. Think we'll both finish above Liverpool. I warned you about writing this league has done and dusted when you called this one and the next Liverpool's a few weeks ago.

I also think City will be the team to beat.

United have a chance, but the squad is lacking, Bruno gets injured and we'll struggle for goals. If they had bought that RW we would have more of a chance.

There's plenty ahead of RVP for me just wasn't good enough for long enough to get that sort of status.
I think because he wasn't here for long, it's easy to forget how brilliant he was. All sorts of goals, in big games too. There might have been players who were here longer. But I am saying there are not many forwards at united who have had a better season than that 12/13.

If I was picking a united 11 of my years, he'd easy be the main striker for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Forgive me for this...
Liverpool, City, United.
Bloody hell...
Like it or not...

A month ago you'd have said it was Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea.

This thing changes fast and we know from watching this club for the last 7 years that you can't rely on them they constantly let you down.

Every season stars with a title race but it's a marathon no point sprinting off at the start if you burn out half way through so everyone's being realistic and saying lets get a bit further into the season before we start talking up winning a title. We aren't runaway leaders we're neck and neck with arguably the best side in Europe right now so caution should be advised.

That's our right as fans to do but I'm sure our players/manager have a different attitude towards it.

I think because he wasn't here for long, it's easy to forget how brilliant he was. All sorts of goals, in big games too. There might have been players who were here longer. But I am saying there are not many forwards at united who have had a better season than that 12/13.

If I was picking a united 11 of my years, he'd easy be the main striker for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't need a reminder the bloke was unreal that season I was at his first home game the goal vs Fulham was a finish I couldn't believe and he never looked back but it did just fizzle out.

I know you've got a few years on me but if I'm building a Utd side strikers wise it's a choice between Cantona, Cole, Rooney and RVN because doing it season after season counts for a lot when you're building your "greatest" side.

Forgive me for this...
Liverpool, City, United.
Bloody hell...
Like it or not...
This was on par with the Delia Smith where are you speech!

Best I can say here is, I would rather be called a bell end than a coward.
Funny place this aint it !!!!

I’ll give my opinion after the Southampton Liverpool game tonight if Liverpool drop points tonight then they are on a real stinker of a run
I am actually forecasting that Liverpool have their 3rd consecutive draw tonight. But that still wont be enough for me to start shouting the odds about winning the title, much to the disappointment of the non united fake Spanish WUM (and his pal)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back