Title Race 2018/9

Sideshow Bob

Liverpool on 82 points with 5 games remaining.
City on 80 points with 6 games remaining.

This is what really narks me about Utd having got to 80 points last season we did nothing to try and get to 90 points.

These 2 are showing the level right now if you want that title you need to be above 90 points both will be worthy winners.

It sucks having to choose between them but I think I’ve accepted both scenarios now the thought of city doing a quadruple makes me think I’d rather Liverpool did it.

It’s starting to feel like Liverpool’s name is on the trophy. So many last minute keeping errors in their favour (8 points gained through keeping errors in last 5 mins of games) and so many poor refereeing decisions in their favour.

You do get that feeling but City are just a relentless winning machine maybe it will all come down to that Mahrez missed pen at Anfield that felt like a huge moment where Liverpool really thought we've got a shot here.

I still make City the slight favourite just because of the squad depth/quality and on top of the tight defence they score so many goals.

City will win the title, the scousers will bottle it and when the luck runs out, which it will, theyre up the creek without a paddle.

Like @jsp says, city can be missing half of their team and still be ruthless, whereas in my opinion, take VVD and Salah/Mane out of liverpools side and they are a much weaker team, only reason they are where they are is purely through a massively fortunate run.

Horrible season, on one had City could win all 4, or Liverpool win the league, still hear about Liverpool 2005 CL victory now and so it will be unbearable if they win the league after all these years without a league title.

this is why we have to get it right going forward, invest in young talent intelligently and move the dead wood on.

This to me is Liverpool's title. I hate to say that but I just look at some of their results, some of their late winners or dodgy decisions and think, yep this is theirs. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. The key is VVD and if he stays healthy they'll win in.

Would just be nice to be part of the conversation after Christmas we haven't had a title challenge last beyond November since Fergie left.

Just feels like we are starting again under new management closing this gap could take 1 year or two but at some point we have to start making actual progress as the last 6 years has just been so stagnant nowhere near the title scrapping for top 4.

its a difficult one to call, City are the better team, I hope spurs knock them out of Europe and they win the prem.

Liverpool win nothing. But if City are on course for the quad/treble then I'd rather Liverpool win the league.

As it stands. I can't see city letting it go. I'll go as far to say I think Chelsea will take some points of Liverpool this weekend, their luck has got to run out soon.

It's not a decision that I sits easy with me either way. The only thing I think atm is if liverpool win I think it could be a bit of a one off, if fity win it could be years of dominance.

I hope everyone realises this season is going to doubly suck because the scouse lot are going to win the title.

God I hope City hang on, got a Liverpool fan in the office and if I thought they were insufferable after the Barca win - tomorrow would be off the chart smugness.

Now that City have won it and we’re safe from Liverpool winning it what an absolutely amazing season from the two of them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back