Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal - 28th February 2016

Did well.

He looks physically ready to play first team football.

Definitely ready. Can play anywhere in defence and midfield.

He seems built for this league. Needs a bit of experience tbh. We have some very good youngsters coming through the ranks. It does not seem to be all doom and gloom as some are making it out to be.

Thought he did really well today. Looked solid in possession, stuck to his defensive duties and looked like he belonged. It's even more encouraging when you think he's a central midfielder really.

He did make one careless back pass near the end but he's very young.

I was rather surprised to see him brought on inside of Riley, given he's not a natural full back. I guess LVG trusts his defensive abilities more?!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He has played both full back positions for the u21s recently. Riley did really well the other day but fosu mensah is a better player.

Ooh I don't doubt that he can't play there. I know he has for the under 21s and it's good for young players to learn different roles. But his long term future is in central midfield? A guy of that size and power but with the ability he's got on the ball I think would be wasted at full back.

Absolutely agree. He is a good box to box midfield player. I am sure that is his position long term.

I certainly hope so mate. For me players who can really impose themselves on a game whilst still having such good technical ability should be in the heart of things. They should be key players in key positions. And I don't want to knock full backs too much but central midfield is definitely a more vital area.

Manchester United 1-0 Watford - 2nd March 2016

When he picked up that yellow early on, I was fearing a 2nd, just like Varela on Sunday, but got himself together after that. Some scary moments but overall did well in his first start. Potential is huge I feel.

Bit rash in the first half. Promising performance.

Manchester United 1-0 Everton - 3rd April 2016

He was impressive.

He looks like he's ready to play first team football. I'd give him as many opportunities as possible the remainder of the season and then consider what's best for next season. Should we loan him out? Or will he get enough chances to keep him around.

So given he's played his few first team games in defense... Do people think this is where he's going to end up?

He is better than jones at the moment. I say we keep him around the first team for his development.

He looks like he's ready to play first team football. I'd give him as many opportunities as possible the remainder of the season and then consider what's best for next season. Should we loan him out? Or will he get enough chances to keep him around.

So given he's played his few first team games in defense... Do people think this is where he's going to end up?

Would like to see him in midfield in the future, perhaps as a box to box player. Have seen him play in a number of positions for our U18s, U21s and the first team; all across the backline and in defensive and attacking roles in central midfield. He's a credit to what they do at Ajax.

Agreed I hope they eventually play him in midfield because he's got too much ability to play full back or centre back. That's no slight to either position but he's got real ability in possession and I could see him being a real driving force for us in midfield.

Can be the all action centre mid we've been looking for.

Spurs 3-0 Manchester United - 10th April 2016

Another impressive outing.

Best player on the park while he was on it, all fell apart when he went off, think all 3 goals came from our right. Pretty embarrassing reliance on an 18 year old. Darmian and Rojo awful, really really awful.

Yeah he was definitely our best player but his positioning worried me a little. But he covered a lot of ground and made a lot of vital challenges and blocks.

In a way he must be pretty smug right now though. Whilst he was on the pitch we were pretty comfortable and as soon as he goes off it fell apart. It says a lot that he was picked ahead of Darmian though.

Yeah he did though I think he needs to be played either in central midfield or maybe center back. You can see he wants to be involved and get stuck in all over the park. For that reason he needs to be played in a central area so he can get stuck in.

I see him as a box to box midfield player but needs must I guess. Ultimately he will move central I am sure but atm I can see why he would play him at full back.

Yeah I hope eventually he'll play through the middle... He looks like that combative type but also he's good on the ball. He could be our driving force. The fact he's played out of position at full back over Darmian pretty much says it all.

Darmian other than his first few games has been truly average at best. Defensively he's completely exposed to pace and just can't handle it. Offensively he offers very little on the overlap and when he does his crossing is underwhelming at best. At first he looked a good signing but I'm not so sure now. I'm not sure he can handle the pace here and there's too many pacey wingers who just blow him away.

I see fosu-mensah eventually moving into the midfield. But it is never gonna happen under van gaal. He is more likely to play him as a goal keeper than in his natural position as a box to box midfielder. As an aside what happened to varela. He was playing real good.

Haha Fosu-Mensah will sooner end up as the official club chef under LVG than play in his best position. But hopefully we won't have to endure much longer of the useless gimp. Otherwise all this praise he's getting for "trusting" the youngsters will turn to rage that he's ruining them.

West Ham 1-2 Manchester United - 13th April 2016

Another impressive outing.

He was very impressive. Just feel that his future lies in midfield. Very good with the ball and a decent tackler too.

He's definitely a very talented young man who looks absolutely at home in the first team. Could even be our first choice right back for the rest of the season? He looks that composed and doesn't seem to get flustered. A real promising player and one who could have a real impact next season.

I'm not so sure he will and that's why I think the board are hesitant to put Jose in. They'll want the next manager to buy wisely but use the talent available to him. Fosu-Mensah absolutely has to be a part of the first team squad as does Rashford. OK sending them on loan can have it's merits but they both look to me to be 1) ready to play a part and 2) players who thrive on the big stage with other top players alongside them.

Fosu-Monster and Rashford are guaranteed starters from now on, if you're good enough, you're old enough. Fosu has been an absolute beast for us so far, his performance against West Ham was the best I have seen from a young man for so long. He was so aggressive and positive, sure he was a little impetuous at times but that is to be expected at his age. It's clear he belongs in midfield, imagine his strength, power and tenacity in there? For now, I have no problems him filling in at right and left back but midfield is where he needs to be. If Giggs gets the job, I have no doubt he will put Fosu in midfield, Van Gaal likes two holding players, but I think Giggs will prefer a box to box beast which I think Fosu will be.

The young talent we have at this club is immensely exciting. It's not just Rashford and Fosu-Mensah. Shaw is still a young man, BoJack is a fine left back, Williams and Tuanzabe are fine defensive talents. Pereira, even though LVG doesn't fancy him, is supremely talented. Even guys like Januzaj and Depay who have lost their way have so much natural talent. Got to be honest this is as excited I have been about the young players at the club since the Class of '92.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back