Timo Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think it would be hard to attract him get the impression Bayern are happy for him to sit at Leipzig until Lewendowski wants to leave/declines.

Leipzig have that Haaland guy lined up at Salzsburg as the replacement for Werner.

Utd probably could try and buy their way into the deal but it's going to be hard to attract him because he's one of the best strikers in Europe who isn't already at an elite level club so if word gets out that he's on the market bigger clubs might come in and turn his eye we've seen this happen before.

If we're going for a player like him what does that mean for Martial? We gave him a fat new deal but he's not really delivering on it you can't really rely on him.

Surely we should just cut out the middle step and get Haaland?

I think the issue with Haaland is if Utd are going to sign a striker to upgrade Martial you want the ready made product which is Werner rather than another development player in Haaland.

You can't keep planning for the future as a club Utd should be signing the finished product most of the time that's the benefit of having the 3rd biggest revenue in football you don't need to gamble on potential.

Werner is still young it's a bit like the Lukaku signing under Jose you buy at the top price for a guy who's probably considered a B class striker in the expectation that he will become A class. It didn't really work with Lukaku his all round game wasn't strong enough and it didn't really develop while he was at Utd the reality with him is probably that he will never develop that he'll always score plenty of goals but the rest of his game will be limited.

Now say Martial finishes the season strongly you then might say it's better to go for Haaland to come in and compete with Martial rather than buy Werner who will be more expensive and expect to be the number 1.

I know Martial has his fans and he's a very talented player but I just don't see the hunger and drive to score goals in him he's fair weather loves it when it's easy but when it's had he hides you can't do that at Utd you need to be relentless.

Can see a lot of teams looking at him this summer.

Madrid apparently want to move on Jovic
Barca are after a striker
Chelsea need a striker
Spurs need a striker
Utd need a striker
Bayern want a striker to take over Lewendowski
Liverpool want a striker to compete with their front 3.

Going to be hard for us to get him if we're not in the CL we can probably offer him a spot straight in the first team and great wages but you expect other clubs who are more likely to win will be hard to turn down.

He's not going to go to Spurs to sit on the bench behind Kane.

Yeah and you'd assume he won't go to Bayern, Madrid or Liverpool to be second fiddle but doesn't mean they won't show interest.

Utd should be able to make a good pitch to him as a player but I think I read something saying he plays a lot as a left winger at Leipzig rather than a centre forward.

Signs for Chelsea. Good signing that. Massive upgrade on Abraham.

Thought he was nailed on to go to Liverpool wonder if they might come in at last minute to get him not a done deal according to BBC fee agreed with club but talks now being had with player. Sounds like it’s close to happening though.

Bad news for Abraham he’s not done much wrong but if Werner comes in have to assume he’s going to be the backup.

Werner, Abraham and Giroud is a healthy choice of CF although if he signs my guess is they sell Giroud despite his contract extension.

I read Liverpool don't want to pay the full price.

Could be a great signing for Chelsea, never know, he might be as good as Greenwood :p

Just don't think Liverpool have the money they've spent big recently haven't really got much back in and they already have a great team so if everyone is staying Werner is a nice to have not a must have player as he wouldn't actually start.

He starts ahead of Firminho every day of the week surely?

I like Firmino, what are his assist stats like, the ball always seems to go through him, to my eyes anyway

He’s one of those players that are better than his stats suggest but for me he’s one of their bigger areas to upgrade.

Think Firmino is one of those strikers who makes others better links so well with the wide players it's a devastating front 3 in terms of goals why would you try and change it?

It's kind of like their midfield as 3 players on paper it's pretty no thrills but put together in their system it works to perfection.

I always felt what Liverpool needed was a better option than Origi who to be fair has stepped up when they've needed him or Shaqiri so if one of the front 3 got injured for a long period they have a 4th option who's good enough to step in. Like City have with Mahrez, Sane & Jesus generally they're coming off the bench when everyone was fit.

Liverpool have a great front 3 but they didn't really have depth.

Werner for me looked like that 4th man as he can also play wide he'd go in as genuine competition for the front 3 they've got plus give them security that if one of the front 3 decided they wanted to leave they had the security of someone ready to step in.

reports around that Liverpool wont be buying anyone.

Not sure Liverpool or Chelsea were ever really in for Sancho don't have the money to make it happen.

Chelsea already landed Pulisic and Ziyech in the last 12 months couldn't see them going for another winger.

I don't think we face a rival domestically for Sancho the competition for us will come from elsewhere in Europe if Madrid can't land someone like Mbappe surely they'll be looking at Sancho.

Think there's a good chance Sancho ends up staying if the market is depressed Dortmund might tell him he has to do 1 more year until the prices go back up.

If Chelsea do get Werner then I would say they will be right up there again challenging. If him and Ziyech settle then they have a couple of supreme players. Factor that in with a slightly more settled Pulisic then they’ve got one hell of a front line.

Think Chelsea need to sort out the keeper and improve the defence quite a bit to challenge again. Midfield and attack looks healthy when everyone is fit but at the back think there's more work to do to really push Liverpool and City next season.

I haven't watched them a lot this season but I know one thing Lampard has kept saying when they drop points is they must be more clinical they create a lot of chances in games and don't put them away.

I know it goes against the conventional wisdom of build from the back but for me first thing you need to do is fill your team with goals then once you've got that start chipping away at the defending.

You can never have to many goals in your team.

Chelsea do look a bit weak at the back I agree.

I don't suppose the fans will be allowed back by the time the new season starts, so it;s difficult to predict. I can't see how the flying around Europe will work either.

If the rumours about Liverpool having no money to buy, that could bring them back a peg.

I can only assume with European football next season they'll be doing a shortened version of it somehow as like you say hard to see clubs being able to travel in and out of all European countries to play games every few weeks like they normally would through the autumn months.

Reality seems to be that no clubs have got any money certainly not sitting in the accounts anyway football clubs tend not to sit on cash Utd will be going into an overdraft to buy this summer.

Chelsea, City & PSG might be hoping for a relaxation in FFP rules that would allow their owners to inject cash but can't see that happening so I think most clubs will be going into next season with pretty similar squads to the ones they finish this season with.

Would be interesting to hear what clubs are budgeting for behind the scenes you'd think most are assuming 50% of next seasons home games will be behind closed doors but will they be able to balance that loss by selling more games for TV to broadcasters? Are the big clubs going to have to accept a year with no European football and the financial hit that brings that would really level the playing field for a year as they'd have to really cut back.

Chelsea looking to do some serious, and early, business it seems. Werner and now Havertz on their radar. That's a team that is very much backing their young manager and letting him to make the changes they need.

So quick question... Will Werner be able to play for Chelsea this season? He moves at the start of July so technically our season is still ongoing.

No they can't register him for any remaining games of this season same goes for players who've been out on loan and returned to clubs.

Apparently Leipzig asked for the transfer to be delayed so he can play the remaining CL games in August but Chelsea said no so Werner will finish the league season with Leipzig (think they have 2 games left to play), he can train with Chelsea but won't be able to play any games until the 2020/21 season starts.

Same applies to Ziyech who joins from Ajax on 1st July.

Chelsea do have a slight problem it looks like Willian and Pedro aren't going to extend deals even short term which means on 1st July they are no longer Chelsea players and won't be able to play any further games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back