Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDFD

First team announced. All 3 Germans back in the side.

Looks like Werner wide left and no space for Pulisic again.

EDIT: Scrap that. Official announcement doesn't have Werner in the side. Ziyech wide left.

I kept Werner in my FPL team thinking a bit of German unity but Tuchel has burned me like Lampard.

Mount dropped now that his dad isn't managing the team will surely be the meme going around.

Chelsea 2-0 Burnley

Got their first win under the new boss.

Seems like he’s used the first 2 games to take a look at everyone will be interesting to see who he sticks with.

The two full backs getting the goals. Chilwell and James have been Chelsea better players this season but new manager and fresh start has given Azpi and Alonso a chance.

Spurs 0-1 Chelsea

2 wins from 3 and 3 clean sheets for new the guy.

Changing the manager seems to have had the desired impact.

Up to 6th 4 points off the top 4 spots.

Not had a tough game yet though. I'm hoping time will tell

Spurs away is a tough game and Wolves at home is tricky they are a nightmare to break down so think that's a touch harsh.

They still look toothless going forward but they look a bit more comfortable defensively but it's a lot of possession that doesn't really lead to anything at the moment.

Spurs without Kane, or even with him, is not a tough game.

Like you always say, lets give him 10 games and see.

Chelsea possession is the game but not the rite attitude to succeed Tuchel won’t even last the 18 months.

New manager deserves at least a year to get his ideas bedded into the team.

He’s here to cover up Lampard’s mess his target for the second half the season is just try get them into top 4 next season will be where you can fairly judge him.

I think he’s a good manager but yeah it’s Chelsea so he’ll do well to get more than 2 seasons because that is how that club operates.

Another win, looking strong for top 4, still not been tested really but confidence will be growing

Kepa getting the starting nod in the league ahead of Mendy was an interesting one. He played well in the cup against Barnsley and was probably motm so deserved though.

I don't think they were impressed with lampards handling of Kepa.

Don't think Lampard was very impressed with Kepa's handling of the football either, that kid can have no complaints was given so many chances before they finally benched him.

Tuchel has made a good start on the MNF Carra and Nev compared him to Conte seems to have settled into the 3-4-3 system as it probably suits that squad of players putting the right pieces in the right places is a good starting point.

Does mean that there's a lot of these number 10 players on the bench all the time so will be hard for him to keep everyone happy.

Southampton 1-1 Chelsea

watched the game Mount by fair their most impressive player but apart from him they just lack any real spark in the final third.

Seems like they’re going back to the 3-4-3 system they often used last season normally a sign that a manager doesn’t have a centre back pairing currently that he trusts.

Hudson Odoi was subbed on at half time and subbed off in the 75th.

Hudson Odoi was subbed on at half time and subbed off in the 75th.

Yeah that’s never good he did absolutely nothing while he was on.

If they hadn’t got that penalty they were never scoring a goal.

The ball just moves way to slowly.

Really transformed the team - they are still not incredible but he’s made them really tough to score against.

Weirdly he's gone back to the system Lampard used last season and generally got good results and because he's a fresh face he's not really forced to play the new signings.

Tuchel is a very good manager he just has a habit of falling out with people and it's cost him his job at Dortmund and PSG.

I think they'll be on our tails very soon if he keeps them fit he's got plenty of players to pick from.

got a bit of a walk into the CL final really, Porto then Liverpool or Madrid. They the best side of the draw

Tammy Abraham not even named on the bench for the FA cup semi final.

That’s him gone in the summer

Ah always love it when this quadruple stuff gets snuffed out. Can’t even win the real treble now!

Incredible first few months and back to back CL finals at 2 different clubs for Tuchel and also Tiago Silva.

He seems to be starting to get more from Havertz and Kante is really starting to tick again.

They'll fancy their chances in the final having beaten City in the FA Cup recently.

With Chelsea reaching the final, i'm even more gutted with our early exit from the competition. I know it's would have, could have, should have, but I really believe we should have reached at least the QF and even SF.

Got a few lucky breaks but just beat City 2-1 at the Etihad.

Let’s hope he can make it 3 in a row vs Pep

He's done so well since coming in to Chelsea, Imagine the scenes inside PSG if he wins the CL haha.

Yep he's really unlocked the talent in that squad he's balanced the team much better than Lampard ever had it isn't always pretty but it's effective and they look a very hard side to break down.

Rode their luck at the weekend Aguero missing a penalty then how the ref didn't give that foul on Sterling is beyond me.

I didn't see it, I've not seen much of them to be honest to know how they play, Chelsea fas aren't too bothered about that, they had years of Jose. It's all about winning for them.
They mentioned on MoTD Sterling should have had a pen when discussing Pogba's penalty.

The Sterling one was nailed on Zouma must have touched him 4 or 5 times before he eventually bundled him over from behind.

I can sort of get how the ref might miss it but VAR has to be stepping in on that one.

Tuchel's football is sort of what they've been used to over a long period of time it's solid defence and lethal on the break where they do struggle is when they have to take the game to the opponent they struggle to break a side down as they aren't clinical up top.

Few good signings and they should be a serious contender next season as Tuchel is a top manager but he eventually falls out with the board that will be the test how long he can keep that relationship sweet.

They're playing annoyingly well since Tuchel took over. It's pretty uninspiring stuff from what I've seen, but its getting them results. I could imagine he's backed in the summer and they'll be challenging for the league next season. Again, annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back