Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea 2020/21

IDFD

First team announced. All 3 Germans back in the side.

Looks like Werner wide left and no space for Pulisic again.

EDIT: Scrap that. Official announcement doesn't have Werner in the side. Ziyech wide left.

jsp

I kept Werner in my FPL team thinking a bit of German unity but Tuchel has burned me like Lampard.

Mount dropped now that his dad isn't managing the team will surely be the meme going around.

jsp

Chelsea 2-0 Burnley

Got their first win under the new boss.

Seems like he’s used the first 2 games to take a look at everyone will be interesting to see who he sticks with.

IDFD

The two full backs getting the goals. Chilwell and James have been Chelsea better players this season but new manager and fresh start has given Azpi and Alonso a chance.

jsp

Spurs 0-1 Chelsea

2 wins from 3 and 3 clean sheets for new the guy.

Changing the manager seems to have had the desired impact.

Up to 6th 4 points off the top 4 spots.

Mr C

Not had a tough game yet though. I'm hoping time will tell

jsp

Spurs away is a tough game and Wolves at home is tricky they are a nightmare to break down so think that's a touch harsh.

They still look toothless going forward but they look a bit more comfortable defensively but it's a lot of possession that doesn't really lead to anything at the moment.

Mr C

Spurs without Kane, or even with him, is not a tough game.

Like you always say, lets give him 10 games and see.

jsp

New manager deserves at least a year to get his ideas bedded into the team.

He’s here to cover up Lampard’s mess his target for the second half the season is just try get them into top 4 next season will be where you can fairly judge him.

I think he’s a good manager but yeah it’s Chelsea so he’ll do well to get more than 2 seasons because that is how that club operates.

Mr C

Another win, looking strong for top 4, still not been tested really but confidence will be growing

IDFD

Kepa getting the starting nod in the league ahead of Mendy was an interesting one. He played well in the cup against Barnsley and was probably motm so deserved though.

Mr C

I don't think they were impressed with lampards handling of Kepa.

jsp

Don't think Lampard was very impressed with Kepa's handling of the football either, that kid can have no complaints was given so many chances before they finally benched him.

Tuchel has made a good start on the MNF Carra and Nev compared him to Conte seems to have settled into the 3-4-3 system as it probably suits that squad of players putting the right pieces in the right places is a good starting point.

Does mean that there's a lot of these number 10 players on the bench all the time so will be hard for him to keep everyone happy.

jsp

Southampton 1-1 Chelsea

watched the game Mount by fair their most impressive player but apart from him they just lack any real spark in the final third.

Seems like they’re going back to the 3-4-3 system they often used last season normally a sign that a manager doesn’t have a centre back pairing currently that he trusts.

IDFD

Hudson Odoi was subbed on at half time and subbed off in the 75th.

jsp

Hudson Odoi was subbed on at half time and subbed off in the 75th.

Yeah that’s never good he did absolutely nothing while he was on.

If they hadn’t got that penalty they were never scoring a goal.

The ball just moves way to slowly.

SuperRash

Really transformed the team - they are still not incredible but he’s made them really tough to score against.

jsp

Weirdly he's gone back to the system Lampard used last season and generally got good results and because he's a fresh face he's not really forced to play the new signings.

Tuchel is a very good manager he just has a habit of falling out with people and it's cost him his job at Dortmund and PSG.

I think they'll be on our tails very soon if he keeps them fit he's got plenty of players to pick from.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now