Thomas Meunier

jsp

Seems to be the front runner as a right back target.

Ticks quite a few boxes for me will be cheaper than Wan Bissaka or Trippier, good age, experienced, knows what it takes to be at a club where pressure is on.

If we can’t get Wan-Bissaka then Meunier would be the stand out alternative. I mentioned in another thread but my top 3 picks for right back would be these two guys and Cancelo.

I cannot bear to see another season of Young back there. Honestly I think I would have a coronary!

I just don't think I could bring myself to watch it was never a fan and can't knock the effort he's put in to doing it but he's just nowhere near good enough.

Apparently available for £26m. To be honest if we can get Meunier for £26m and Alderweireld for £25m - that’s an instant upgrade right there and not absolutely breaking the bank.

On paper two rock solid signings my only worry with Alderwiereld is his motives as he’s coming for money but he seems to be a good pro and I think he’s better than all our current options so even if we have to pay a good wage you’d hope he’ll return on it. He’s not sulked at Spurs like Sanchez did at Arsenal which was a huge red flag Utd missed and if he’s taking the p*ss with what he wants Utd have to say no.

Meunier legit comes across as a boyhood fan and I think he’s unhappy that he’s asked to be backup to Dani Alves so he’s coming with something to prove and he’s used to winning so could hopefully bring something to that dressing room.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back