The Sackrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto Di Matteo is the Favourite. If WBA is in regelation Zone until the new Year, he'll be sacked. It's a sure thing. But there are other good contenders. Roberto Martinez, Big Sam, Owen Coyle ...

I'll go for Hodgson... Runner up is between Bruce n Martinez maybe? Or maybe Martin Joll if he really goin to be Fulham manager???

I honestly think Mancini is a dead man walking,couple of dodgy results in their 1st few games and its bye bye.. Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3 or more managers for City this season? Look at Sparky last season, they weren't losing, they were drawing a lot of games though and they decided to sack him.

Cech out for the first 2 games apparently, wouldn't bet against it, if they have Hilario the Hilarious in goal.

There's 7 points between 2 and 3rd so... no. The rest of the league is pretty close though, maybe Real and Barca should just play each other every week and the other 18 teams should be left in the league.

The results that he's put up - bringing them back to the PL, and then beating Arsenal and drawing against Chelsea, and beating Sunderland convincingly.

One thing that sticks out for me - Sky Sports interview with both Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan after being Sunderland 5-1 at home, and talking so positively about the manager; the match came at a time where Hughton was under pressure, and the two players Carroll and Nolan pretty much dedicated the win to him.

You can bring in a manager with the wealth of experience and football knowledge, but if the players aren't willing to fight for you the way they were willing to fight for Hughton, then what the hell is the point? It's a poor decision by Newcastle and I for one really hope it comes to bite them in the ass.

Disgusting. Sakced because he's young. Doesn't give much hope to young managers. This is a man who's taken them from the brink of destruction after being relegated to the Championship, to winning the Championship easily and then taking them to 11th in the Prem after drawing with Chelsea and I think, beating Arsenal. Mike Ashley and Co, you're having a laugh.

Martin Jol left Ajax on the same day... coincidence? I think not.

Ashley is to obssessed with image and glamour than actualy fotball. He couldn't see Hughton as anything more than a coach, depsite his great record as boss. If he had found a decent replacement I could sort-of understand the decision, but to bring Pardew in is ridiculous!!!!

Pointless to bring in Pardew, if he brought in Pep Guardiola i could understand more

Apparently both parties had been in contact before Hughton sacking. Disgusting behaviour.

Pardew got a 5 1/2 year deal, and we all know that Newcastle will have another 3 managers in that time, with a return of Alan.S

Shearer will only come back if Ashley sells up, but at the moment I can't see that happening. He doesn't seem to give a s**t what the fans think of him, the club is his own little toy and their opinions don't matter. The only way he will go is if someone makes him a massive offer, which in today's climate I can't see happening.

As much as the results are bad, I don't think Ancelotti should be sacked. who would be the substitute? I don't see anyone who can come in and change the things without with that Chelsea team.

Randy Lerner has said that Houllier won't be sacked. But with the team in the relegation zone, I don't know if this will last.

I believe Hodgson is the favorite of that list. Liverpool has been a depressing team under his command. Players with no will, horrendus performances.... It was a gamble that failed.

Grant should have been sacked as well. He made several signings but has been a total failure.

I'm not very favorable to sackings as a "troubleshooter". Sometimes, the team's problem is not the manager but in cases of West Ham and Liverpool, I think it has to be done.

But please Liverpool Hodgson hold at least until Sunday.

Fulham's Mark Hughes is under pressure too, IMO

Has Woy gone? Or are you speculating who will replace him when he does get sacked? I reckon Benitez will be back at Liverpool before the end of the season.

I think they wasn't Abram gone as a theory to the sacking of Wilkins was that there was a lot of interference from Abram...

Hodgson is the first to fall.... Left the club today by mutual consent..

Strange timing IMHO, what with the United game 2moro

Avram Grant to remain as West Ham manager for now according to co-owner David Gold

Di Mateo is a great young manager who plays attractive football i dont understand what the owners expect from a promoted side. Not surprised by the Steve Mclaren sacking, should of stayed in Holland.

Steve McLaren has just been sacked by Wolfsburg. McLaren to WBA?

Di Mateo is a great young manager who plays attractive football i dont understand what the owners expect from a promoted side. Not surprised by the Steve Mclaren sacking, should of stayed in Holland.

Totally agree, maybe their great start raised expectations? Though WBA were better than that, given they were bottom all season a couple of years ago but stuck with Mowbray.
As for McClaren feel a bit sorry for him, we need more managers + players to go abroad. Not that he had much of a choice, no one here would have gone near him after his England disaster. He has at least begun to re-build his reputation after his time in Twente.

Totally missed your comment saying that McLaren had been sacked.

Surprised Di Matteo was sacked, I think he's a manager who even if they'd gone down this season, he'd be straight back up, and WBA would be stronger.

WBA were 3-0 up and drew 3-3 at home to West Ham. Don't think Woy is in charge yet though. Watch Woy do well at WBA now, like he did with Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back