The Ryder Cup 2018

Sideshow Bob

Not a huge golf fan, but do like the Ryder Cup. The atmosphere at the first tee is great. Come on Europe!

The Americans are strong, and unusually together. I can’t see anything but a USA win but you just never know with this competition. Whatever happens it will be great, some excellent players and I love the format. 5 live all day for me

I was actually gonna make this thread, I wasn’t much into golf but I’ve grown to like it the last few years. And obviously the Ryder Cup is the pinnacle event.

I agree with @Mr C that USA may just edge it. They have been relatively weak the last few tournaments but they’ve got some real firepower this time. DeChambeau is a real young star, Koepka has developed into a world class performer, Spieth is still brilliant despite his relative lean spell and that’s even before you get into the Tiger resurgence. Should be a cracking tournament.

Will we still be allowed to play after Brexit?

I know nothing about Golf hardly recognise the names of the players but it's gripping to watch especially if it's close on the final day and the atmosphere is a lot better as it's much more aggressive which is what I like.

Everyone making the American favourites I don’t get it. The course suits our players much more. Molinari/Rose/Casey will love it round here and the big hitting Americans should struggle. My bet was Europe by 4+ points at 6/1

It's quite even at the moment, listening on the Radio. Rory really struggling off the tee, Justin Rose is killing it which is no surprise, and so is Spieth.

If we can get away even after the morning that would be great. Whoever is partnered with Rory might strugglE this afternoon in foursomes if he keeps missing fairway so wildly.

Tiger and Reed go up for the first time in the match, more about Europe throwing their leads away in that match. get up then make a mistake.

When the pairs were announced yesterday it was obvious Casey would struggle against Spieth and Thomas that pairing is the class of the field.

I stayed up watching the NFL last night so just catching up on the early morning play.

Casey banged into 3 feet at 12, could get back to 1 down...

That’s the only match up where momentum is swinging our way though.

Was watching the course previews yesterday. The 18th is statistically the hardest hole on the European tour. It’s a beauty of a hole and grandstand around hold 4,000 people

cant wait to see the course on the BBC highlights tonight, sounds lovely on the radio, very tough.

Finau just played one of the luckiest shots you'll see this weekend. Bounced off the wooden edge of the lake and a couple of foot from the pin.

Poor morning. Too many unforced errors. Poulter in the afternoon games

3-1 needed at minimum. 2.5-1.5 would be some great damage limitation. Come on Hatton.

I worry about the Poulter Mcilroy pairing, Poults not playing well last few months, Rory missing greens all morning. With that rough out there.

Fleetwood just rescued hopefully a point, dormie 2

Fancy a big afternoon from Stenson. If Mcilroy can sort his driving the Poulter pairing will be fine. Need to take this at least 2.5 1.5 but I think we're good enough to take it 3-1 and make it all square. Casey didn't deserve dropping.

Casey played well, but so did 3 of the morning 4 playing this afternoon, the one who didn't, well you can't drop Rory

Momentum swinging in our direction. 3up 2up 1up and 1 down through 7 6 4 and 3. McIlroy finally finds a birdie and hopefully that'll get him going.

Took the afternoon session 4-0 I had a fiver on it at 12/1

Already some great drama this morning. Everyone seems to have lost their flow water being found everywhere. Temperature or nerves affecting the play?

Some sublime stuff from Mcilroy and Casey today. Casey on his own ball is 5 under through 6

The Americans have to drop Reed in the afternoon games he’s been terrible.

10-6 final day has started. No team had ever lost when starting the final day with a 4 point lead. No team has ever won a session 4-0 and failed to win the Ryder Cup. Good omens.

Got to be one of the greatest sporting events about. Not a big Golf fan, I watch the Masters, The Open and this. Don't keep much of an eye what's going on elsewhere. But love the Ryder Cup. A fantastic 3 days that can twist and turn from hole to hole. You get the feeling that the Europe side would die for each other and go down the pub for a shedful after but the Americans seem like they couldn't give much of a stuff and can act a bit twattish despite their talents, so it's great to win this. Got to love Ian Poulter!

Fantastic performance from Europe all week. I really did think we were going in under rated around this type of course.

Molinari is different gravy.

When did the Ryder cup crowd become the same as the crowd you get at the darts?

The Ryder Cup is a party atmosphere now. Has been for about the last 5. They tried to encourage it and the players to be more relaxed. It’s supposed to be a team event that people enjoy.

Fowler is a great guy, really good interview he gave on the radio, gracious

great win and Molinari was superb all week

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back